Saturday, 9 January 2016

Wardrobe Staple: Chelsea Boots

I'm going to start taking you through my wardrobe, and start showing you my most loved items. Items I deem to be wardrobe Staples! (For me anyway!) With Winter at us in full force, a pair of good Winter boots are definitely a staple. I have over the knee ones, ankle ones, heeled ones, flat ones..you name it I probably have them but my all time favorite are these Leather Chelsea Boots* from Korky's
They're real leather which is nice and are so comfortable. I've always been told to invest in a good pair of shoes and I'm told all the time how my "shite" shoes will end up ruining my feet. So it's safe to say I'm delighted with this gorgeous pair. I chose this pair as they're so versatile and can be dressed up or down. They can be worn with jeans or a cute floral dress.  I sized up to a size 7 as I wanted to wear thick socks as my feet are a continuously frozen. If you have wider feet and you're looking for ankle boots I'd suggest Yours Clothing, as these ones don't have much room in them if I'm honest!
In terms of comfort, I'd rate them a 9/10. The elastic panels make putting them on mad easy as well as the pull tabs on the back, so your foot goes in without too much pulling! If you're like me and are in between wide and "normal" width, I'd recommend sizing up too especially if again you're like me and like to wear fluffy socks! At €74.99, they're not exactly the cheapest ankle boots out there, but since they're real leather they're definitely a good investment. I found the sole a little hard (I find these on a lot of boots) so I added an insole and I haven't taken these off my feets all December and will continue to wear them right up until Spring...when it does eventually come!
These are my first pair of "proper" shoes from Korky's i.e not heels or not wedges and I'm very impressed. Korky's wasn't somewhere I'd initially of gone to look for a new pair of shoes, but I'll definitely start looking now. A pair of boots like these would retail for over €100 in the likes of Topshop or River Island. The quality is exceptional too. I've been wearing these boots all day, pretty much everyday and they only get more comfortable and bar a few scrathes (that can probably be polished over?!) they're still in pretty good nick! They're hands down my favourite pair of boots I've ever owned and I constantly get compliments too - which is always a bonus! 
Unfortunately there's only size 6's left on their website, but they have a full range of sizes in stores. As well as these boots Korky's have an array of other ankle boots, so if these Chelsea Boots aren't your thaaang, you'll definitely find a pair that suits you!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a perfect pair of winter boots! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my chelsea boots so versatile

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig