Friday, 25 September 2015

SNAPCHAT


Unless you're living under a rock as of late, you'll know that Snapchat has really taken off over the past few months. I've had Snapchat for well over a year now so I 'aint no newbie but I recently opened up my Snapchat to everyone and it's gotten a lot more interesting - to say the least! I will warn you I only use Snapchat to document my extremely fabulous and glamorous life ;) LOL JK I'm mainly in my PJ's moaning about everything and anything. 

If you want to follow me on Snapchat you can find me @BowFabulous 

THE GOOD:
Without wanting to sound like a right 'ol Negative Nancy let's start off with the Best of Snapchat! Snapchat is so fun and for the most part, I'm cracking up laughing and ignoring all the irritating things as it's all around a pretty good app and I don't know what I'd do without it - who would I vent to? Youtube is far too much of a commitment! ;)

BlOGGER BAES:
I get to know my blogger friends (some who I've yet to meet) a lot better, it's lovely hearing their voices and seeing their personalities shine! I feel like I'm best buds with a lot of my Snapchat Baes now!  A lot of people are gas and I didn't know until I started watching their Snapchats! @SharonLeavy is my soul sista and I never knew!


YOU GET TO KNOW PEOPLE ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL:
I know I blog and everything, but a lot of the time I don't think my "quirkiness" translates very well, but with Snapchat it's a non-edited (sometimes filtered) version of my everyday life - which isn't that exciting I must add. If you don't follow me already I'm mainly giving out about my everything and anything or crying over something I've just watched all while I'm either in the nip or in my onesie.


UGLY FACE COMPETITIONS:
I always win - it's one of my many, many talents. If you and your friend are bored it's a great and hilarious way to keep yourself occupied. You'd be surprised with how much you can contort your face into difference positions. The only rule  of this game is  *NO SCREEN GRABS*. @Deirdro (Viva Adonis) is a close runner-up in the competition might I add..


BEING NOSEY:
If you're as noisy (I definitely get it from my Mother) as I am, Snapchat gives you a great unedited glimpse into people's lives. I love stalking people on the internet so Snapchat is a great alternative to that and makes me actually think that I'm best friends with said person. As long as you're not stalking them in person it's graaaaaand.



ITS FUN:
It's fun and creative and you always have content. It's definitely a useful for bloggers and readers love to get to know the girls behind the blog they love to read! What I love about Snapchat is that there are no rules. Just do what you want, say what you want and have fun! Snapchat isn't to be taken too seriously!

THE BAD

As much as I love Snapchat I do have a few things that annoy me - Ironically I've ranted about all of these on Snapchat. But I do think there's some etiquette that needs to be upheld... I again want to just say I'm only slagging, I'm sure I'm guilty of a few, of these as well (Last point mainly...)


SCREEN GRABBERS:
Yep, you know the ones that wait for your face to move a certain way and then *Grabs* I'm all for making ugly photo's on Snapchat - but lads why on earth would you want my triples chins taking up space on your phones, if you REALLY want a 8-chin photo all you need to do is ask - I'll be happy to send you my best shot.


ENTIRE STORY SENDERS:
 I know it's more likely by accident, but seriously it's annoying AF.  If I want to watch your story, I will. It's really irritating getting a notification a few times a day for something that is irrelevant and boring. I don't care what you're watching/eating/doing (Sorry, not sorry) Feel free to chat to me - I love chatting but if you keep sending me your stories imma block you - Soz.


NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE HOW LONG A STORY IS:
The OCD in me hates no knowing how long a story is- why did they get rid of that? The OCD in me needs to know how much time I need to commit to one story.  Once I start watching a story, I have to finish watching it or it will just drive me insane! I literally spend my days watching stories that seem to never end. If it's a long' un, I just need time to prepare myself...


1 MILLION SECOND LONG STORIES:
Please tell me more about your life... I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but NO ONE CARES that much about what you're saying. Like that's a good chunk of your day spent talking to a phone and not actually living your life... Although being honest, I'm not better as I'm the prize fool for spending my days watching these stories! (Friends are different - You're legally obliged to watch 'em)


WILLY PHOTO'S:
Speaks for itself really. If you're thinking of sending a picture of your bits to a stranger, take a cold shower and take a long look at your life and how you ended up here. 

*Extra Point*

IT BLOODY DRAINS YOUR ENTIRE BATTERY IN 10 MINUTES.

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I genuinely love snapchat like SO much-yet I have severe commitment issues that you can no longer see how long the story is-like am I committing to a 300 second life story or a fling with a 10 second snap? Just followed you now!

    Stacey | Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig