Sunday, 27 September 2015

Oktoberfest Dublin 2015

Yesterday a few of the girls and I headed towards the IFSC to see what all the fuss of Oktoberfest was about! I'm a self-confessed foodie and I love stuffing my face any chance I get so this was the perfect way to spend a sunny Saturday! We were really blessed with the weather and it was great to go at the time we did as when we were leaving the place was insanely crowded. If you're anything like me and my friends and don't enjoy places that are too crowded if you go in the afternoon you'll have a really pleasant experience (Although if you're a lot more social than I am  - definitely wait until after later on!) Oktoberfest is a free event until after 10-pm where you have to buy a meal voucher (€6 but €1 goes to charity and then you get a €5 meal voucher!) 
We made it there for about 3.30 and we all agreed is was probably the best time to go. We actually didn't que up (50 minutes) to get into the drink tents but we still enjoyed the atmosphere and the food/drink without queing! We managed to get a table and we just chilled there for awhile catching up while eating and drinking! We all went for Bratwurst and they were delicious as well as sharing some friend potato's! I picked up some Haribo for the table and it bloody cost me €11.50! The most expensive bag of sweets I've ever purchased. They were nice, so I'm not going to moan about it too much - Just be warned don't overdo it at the Haribo stand! After eating and drinking our weight we went for a little wander and ended up at a mini donut stand where we naturally had to stop, drop and roll into the que. We all shared some mini donuts which were swimming in Nutella - it's safe to say they all went down a treat!
If you're thinking of something to do today or indeed next week (It's open during the week too - for those of you bold enough to venture out on a school night) Oktoberfest is a really good day out! If you're not a big drinker either you won't feel like you're missing out! They have an array of soft drinks as well a non-alcoholic beers for you to enjoy! There is loads of food available from chicken to hamburgers to pretzels to bratwurst - honestly even the pickiest of eaters will find something that tickles their fancy! As for prices (bar the Haribo) everything is reasonable for a Bratwurst and fried potato's it was €8.50 and it will fill you up to the brim! They also have crepes which I really wanted to try (this is the Nutella fiend in me talking) but I was positively too stuffed to even contemplate getting one - I'm going back again next week so I'll report back! 
We all agreed that it was a fantastic afternoon out. There was a real buzz about the place and we were all happy just chilling, eating and people watching! They had a cool swing carousel that I desperately wanted to have a go of, but no one would take one for the team and hop on with me! I will say that it was probably for the best as my stomach was so full of food I don't know how well it would have gone down...(or up!) I really, really did enjoy my day at Oktoberfest and will definitely try to get back down next weekend. 

If you're interested in going, Oktoberfest is on until next Sunday - the 4th of October. Honestly lads, it's well worth going down to visit. It's only a 10-minute walk from O'Connell St (or 2 stops on the Luas if you're being lazy!) And if you leave before 10 it's entirely free! We all know there 'ain't that many free events going on at the moment so take full advantage ladies and gents. This event is totally family friends too. I saw tons of families enjoying a nice day out and there is a decent amount of tables to sit back and relax - provided you rock up early enough. We arrived at about 3.30 and we had our pick of tables! 

I'll have all the outfit details up on the blog tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This looks like so much fun! The weather looks brilliant too, sounds like a great day. Also have to say, I'm totally loving your outfit.

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig