Wednesday, 27 May 2015

NYX | Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator Review

So Summer is nearly here for the rest of the world, but just because the sun 'aint shining doesn't mean we can't achieve a glow. NYX is a brand I went crazy for in the States, before it was widely available. It came to our shores last year and it's definitely a welcome change from all the usual budget brands. The price point is good, the quality is good and the choice is generally good. If you haven't yet been acquainted, go forth. You can thank me later. 
Now being honest I'm sure you're all aware I'm not a hardcore beauty blogger. I dabble in it, from time to time as I've an interest in beauty and I'll be the first to admit I've more makeup than the Brown Thomas beauty hall but there's a gazillion beauty blogger out there who are constantly writing about the nearest product, but most of the time I can't afford it and I can't  You guys know me well enough now to know, I only feature products if I bloody well love 'em. So when these beauties landed in my post box I was intrigued. After coming back form travelling I'm in search of a glow as the Irish weather has made my tan a very distant memory.  I'm  back to being mistaken for Caspar the ghost- you can judge yourself on whether or not I'm a friendly ghost! These Born to Glow Liquid Illuminators * are a nifty little product and I was pretty impressed!
They come in two colours "Gleam"* which is a gorgeous pearly pink colour and aptly named "Sunbeam"* which is a gorgeous bronze colour. At the moment I love mixing the two colours together. They're incredible versatile. They're meant to be worn under your foundation after you've cleansed and gone through the rigmarole that is your morning skincare routine (I'll give you an insight into mine if you'd like) It blends in effortlessly and is a great base for your foundation. When worn under your foundation it gives you a gorgeous subtle glow, so you can totally wear this during the day. I know a few people are a bit funny about wearing highlighter during the day, as it can look a little too made up for work etc. This is perfect for you folk - especially Gleam! 
These products aren't just one trick ponies however, there's so many different ways that they can be used. You can use them over your foundation to highlight your cheekbones, your cupid bows, the arch under your eyebrows and even your d├Ęcollitage. It literally illuminates your skin giving you the ever so coveted luminous look. The best part? It doesn't cost an arm and a leg. At €9.49 each you can pick up two with little to no guilt, like how often do you get change from €20 from a highlight product - that actually works.  It's a win-win situation! Now the question is where to buy these babies? Good news is they're in pharmacies nationwide. If you don't have any luck with your nearest pharmacy Sam McCauley's have a good selection on their website

 Anyway I'll be back tomorrow with a new travel post! 

*Indicates a gifted item
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These sound quite lovely and I've been meaning to try NYX since it recently came to my country too and I might need to look into this fun summery products.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really recommend NYX as a brand on a whole - really good quality for great prices! x

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig