Saturday, 30 August 2014

France| Day One

As some of you know I'm currently in France! I coined in on the family holiday and currently home from a delicious meal. I love my writing my holiday posts, and from December 31st I'm going to be a travel blogger of sorts, so I've decided to start now and give you a glimpse into my holiday!
 I left Dublin at 11am (after a delicious Butlers Hot Chocolate and a stop off in Mac) and arrived in France at 2.20. My Parent's were "slightly" delayed and collected me at 4.30 which would of been fine, other than I was in what I can only describe as a prehistoric Airport. La Rochelle is by far the smallest Airport I've ever been too. They also charged nearly €3 for a can of Diet Coke- rip off, eh?As I was off to France in homage I rocked a striped Jumper that I bought for under €20 a few weeks ago. It's not too heavy and not too light making it perfect for travel as well as Autumn. I loved the jumper so much I picked it up in Black, Neon Pink and Grey as well. It's going to be a staple for me throughout the Autumn/Winter under a Leather Jacket!
As I knew I'd be travelling most of the day I went for comfort. These Elvi Jeggings* are incredibly comfortable. I ordered the UK18 and I could of easily gone down a size or two! I love trousers as tight as skinny jeans. If you're not into the bet on look, your normal size should suffice. For reference at the moment I'm between a 16 and 18 in trousers. The lovely folk at Elvi also gave me a discount code to get 20% off using BLOGELVI. To complete the look I threw on an old, old chain from Fran&Jane, a Fedora and brought my travel essential my Louis Vuitton "Neverfull". I also rocked a nice red lip, which is the Shiseido Lacquer Gloss in Lust*It's a deep red that's glossy, not too sticky and doesn't bleed half as much as my other red lipsticks/glosses, so this definitely gets a big thumbs up from me!
The internet is so incredibly slow here, and it's taken me nearly 2 hours to upload these photo's, so I'm going to love ya's and leave ya's and update this post again tomorrow with a few more photo's from today! It's getting late here and my eyelids are becoming rather heavy, so Goodnight friends, speak to you tomorrow :)

 Sugares is the nearest town to us at 17km so after we got to our cute little Gite we set sail again in search for food! I've been craving pizza for the longest time but didn't want to cop out and order Domino's as it doesn't curb my craving and leaves me feeling gross so when the lady who runs the Gite recommended an Italian I had my mind/heart set on that for dinner!

We were pretty earlier for Dinner (6.30) normal for us at home, but the French eat a lot later, so we had to wait a little while so we had a wander around the town. I quickly popped in to the Pharmacy and saw Bioderma right in front of me, any Beauty Bloggers will know what I mean! Holy Grail product and you can't get it in Ireland! We had a quick drink at a local bar and people watched until a little bit after 7.

La Roma looked a bit Dodgy on the outside, grubby even, but with little to no other options we ventured inside. Well they say you should never judge a book by its cover and they're very right! We arrived at a little past 7, when they open at 7 and a lot of the tables were reserved. We parked down and I ordered a Chorizo and Mushroom Pizza (Quel Surprise!) and a Coke Zero and had high, high hopes..
My God this was one of the best Pizza's I've had in a long, long time. I'm not even ashamed to admit I demolished the whole thing. It was really thin, but bursting with flavour. Domino's just 'aint the same as authentic Pizza's! My Mum opted for Ham&Mushroom while my Dad went a bit more traditional with Duck. Being on me holliers I was forced to have a Nutella Crepe for desert and again it was absolutely mouthwatering!
 Sugares is a cute traditonal French town. I'm a huge fan of France and I jumped at the chance to come with the Parents (only for a week though, any more than that I think I'd kill them or they'd kill me..) It gets a little chilly in the evening so I was wearing the perfect outfit! I swear this Jumper is already going to be my most worn A/W item. It's literally perfect!
My first evening was lovely. It's so nice to get away from the daily grind and surround yourself somewhere new and explore somewhere else. I'm a traveller at heart and love nothing more than running around taking photo's of people and places. I've loads more posts coming your way this week, if only the bloody internet would be a bit quicker! You've no idea how long it has taken me to upload these photo's!
 Until Tomorrow!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I've been to La Rochelle a few times; my family and I use to holiday in La Palmyre / Royan (about half an hour's drive away) and it's such a gorgeous part of France. So jealous! Lol. Have a great holiday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look perfect chic and fit for France!! I'm actually pretty jealous!!

    <3
    margot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig