Friday, 15 August 2014

Dry Skin | How to keep your skin Hydrated.

So you've heard me moan about my dry skin on here for as long as I've been Blogging. As of now I'm fairly happy with my routine when it comes to tackling my dry skin. As the weather has been hot and humid lately my skin has gone a bit cray and has become dryer than ever, so I decided to put together a post on how I've tackled it!  
H20- Water
Well this is a no brainer. Water has million of benefits and I find when I drink gallons of it (slight dramatisation) my skin looks and feels healthier and hydrated. Tap water is what I normally just go for as it's grand and free (for now anyway) I also got a refillable bottle from Dunnes Stores(Similar one HERE)that I bring on workouts and to work, so I don't spend a fortune buying bottled water. 

I drink approximately 3 litres a day, no matter how busy I am I always try and drink 2 as I like knowing it's flushing out all those nasty toxins. I use to suffer a lot with headaches and have also noticed the dramatic decrease in the times I've been reaching for Nurofen Pain Relief! If you're not a big fan of the taste a little dash of low sugar squash does the trick for me if I want to drink something a little less bland. Over all I feel a lot better and have really noticed a dramatic decrease in blemishes etc, and although my skin is still dry, it's not as hard to tackle as it use to be. 
Liz Earle- Hot Cloth Cleanser
Holy Grail of the Cleansers in the blogging world. I've repurchased this a few times (and got a big bottle for Christmas) and I love it. It takes off makeup effortlessly and is great. I still prefer Merumaya Melting Cleansing Balm, but at the moment I'm just trying to get through my stash. The Hot Cloth Cleanser has worked wonders for my skin and at €17 for a starter pack including Muslin cloths it's not going to break the bank. 

A Pump is all you need to cover your face, which is fantastic as you know how much product to reply. You apply it to your dry face, run one of the Muslin cloths under warm water, ring it out and start getting rid of all that slap. Although I also use it in the morning when my skin is clean. It's actually a lovely ritual and taking off your makeup becomes, dare I say it? almost fun! I've noticed a my skin is a lot less red, and those pesky hormonal pimples are kept at bay as well as keeping my skin soft and subtle- this great a big thumbs up from me! 
 Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum*
So the boffins over at Vichy have extended their Aqualia Thermal Range, where they have added a dynamic hydration technology which distributes moisture more evenly on the face. I've told ya'll before I'm not going to bore ya's with all the mumbo jumbo techy details, I'll just tell you if it works or not. I'm always looking for new "hydrating" products, so when this landed on my doorstep I started using it immediately. On first thought it sinks straight into the skin, leaving it feeling fresh, revived and soft!

I love a good smelling products and have been using this religiously over the past few weeks. Every time I use it I love it more and more. Definitely a keeper. It doesn't work instantly but over the first couple of days my dry patches nearly vanished! I do use it every morning and every night, to make sure my skin gets as much moisture as possible- especially when it was humid. I find the pump fantastic. Not only is it hygenic, and it's also handy as one pump covers your face. I've seen a dent in the bottle, but I've been this every single day for 3 weeks. It's €24 and I would 100% buy this product.
Vichy- Aqualia Thermal "Dynamic Hydration Light Cream" *
When you think of Hydration products I've a preconceived notion that it's going to be very heavy on my skin and quite greasy. So this "Light Cream" was a pleasure to use. Like the Serum it smells lovely and clean. It comes in a handy tube, that great for travel or just chucking in an overnight bag. I'm such a huge fan of Vichy and this cream has made it to my Top 3, After the Serum and the Idealia Life Serum. It's just perfect for dry skinned gals, and there's not a greasy face in sight.

I apply this every morning after the Aqualia Thermal Serum has sunk in, which is quick but I like to leave it for 5 minutes or so. It's a light and airy texture, which I warm up between my fingers and then apply all over my face and neck. It takes seconds to sink in and leaves your skin feeling so lovely, especially if it's combined with the above serum. The only downside to this product is the lack of SPF. As someone who is sun care conscious this is a bit of a downer buzz for me, although I like the texture so much I'd happily apply a SPF underneath if it was a rather hot day. It also comes in a pot too, so whatever you gals prefer!
Etre Belle "Collagen & Aloe Vera Hydro Mask
Every once in awhile I like to give my Skin a big boost of moisture. I got this in a Glossy Box back when I subscribed to it (I've since stopped as I thought it really wasn't good value) However while going through my stash I found this gem and decided to give it a go. I've been a bit under the weather and desperately needed something to bring my skin back to life. This mask did just the trick!

It claims to provide an "extreme moisture boost" so I was eager to give it a whirl. It's a little bit messy to use at first you really need to stay still but once applied and you're relaxing (Preferably relaxing in a nice bubble bath) leave it on for anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes and voilĂ  your skin is left so soft. It's a quick pick me up for skin that really needed a good seeing to. The next day my skin felt incredible and my makeup applied beautifully. At just under $40 for 10 face masks I'd highly recommend it, if you're like me looking for a quick moisture boost and a bit of pampering!


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Everything Vichy is so great and yet, I keep forgetting to order more and go to the item of the week. Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vichy is definitely one of my favourite skincare brands :) x

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig