Saturday, 19 July 2014

Paris #1

Earlier this week I was in Paris. Paris is one of my favourite cities and  although I've been quite a few times  before I always enjoy visiting and taking in all the city has to offer. It was really hot so I dressed accordingly! I was up at the crack of dawn and in a sleepy haze grabbed the lightest dress and a light shrug to keep me warm on the plane!
We were staying in Bastile which is central enough to everything *cough cough Sephora* I'm saving up so I didn't go too wild, but I fell in love with 5 lipsticks and I couldn't choose between them so I "YOLO'd" and bought them all! There's a mix between pink, nudes and a beautiful coral colour. I really wish there was a Sephora in Ireland or even the UK! Any beauty Junkie will agree. They stock literally everything!
I wanted to look put together but still be comfy, but when it's 4 am and your eyes are barely open it's a little more difficult! I do love how my outfit turned out though! I picked up this dress in Forever21+ and it's my first time rocking it! It's light and breezy although I could of gone down a few sizes as it is a little bit loose at the top and around the waist, but not too noticeable! It's perfect for the hot Parisian sun!
I took the opportunity to take some nice outfit pictures as Paris is probably one of the prettiest cities! It's so lovely both in Winter and Summer but Summer definitely is my favourite time to visit. Bastille is a lovely area of Paris that's a little more authentic (especially down the back streets) then the more touristy parts. Don't get me wrong I love the iconic setting of the tourist attractions but I like to step off the beaten track. 
I was a little silly and got burnt while walking around in the sun. It's a bit funny really when I'm at the beach I apply sun cream religiously but foolishly I forgot. Thankfully with a bit of skin TLC It's on the mend and I'll definitely be more careful in future! I used the La Roche Posay Aftersun and I swear it saved my skin from peeling and becoming itchy! Definitely one for the holiday make-up bag!
For accessories I kept it very,very simple. If it's hot out the less accessories I have on, the better! So I wore my brand new hat that I picked up in Penney's! I'm a huge hat person and this tan hat complimented my outfit perfectly. I brought my Louis Vuitton "Neverfull" with me as it's huge and is pretty versatile. I swing it over my shoulder and I don't have to worry about anything getting stolen, once it's tied up!

Our hotel was really close to the Metro so it was handy for everything. The Metro, once you get the hang of it, is pretty easy and effortless and is definitely the quickest way to get around the city. It's also a lot cheaper than other cities to get around! In Dublin it's at least double the price to get anywhere, which is crazy! More money for me to spend in Sephora ;)
For footwear I chose nude sandals from Primark, and walked them into the ground! They're grand and everything but in future I'd definitely bring a more comfortable pair of with me. They did go with everything I brought though, so that's a plus. If anyone knows any nice neutral sandals that are good quality, that don't cost an arm and a leg, let me know! 
Anyway, sorry It's been dead on the blog this week, life is just so busy at the moment. I'm trying to set up my You Tube channel, but every time I do I have a  crazy busy week and things go backwards! It will happen eventually though, and definitely next year I'll be vlogging some adventures! I have a few more Paris posts, so keep an eye out :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig