Saturday, 21 June 2014

HELLO SUNSHINE! HELLO SUN CREAM!

Although I don't burn easily, I always wear sun cream when it's really sunny. The Sun has been shining like crazy lately and I'm already burnt, as I didn't realise how hot it was outfit until I was out enjoying the sunshine. Thankfully it's not too bad, but since Tuesday I've been applying sun cream like there's no tomorrow! Over the last little while I've been testing these out and we've been blessed with great weather lately I've had enough use to be able to give you both my Pro's and Con's of each!
First things first, I apply sun cream all over and this is a handy spray. When you read "oil" you automatically assume it's like those ones you pick up in the "Supermercado" in Spain, Which I've been guilty of doing before. First of all with a SPF 40 it's a pretty high factor so you know your skin is going to be protected. The Highest I've ever used previously is 20 Shocking I know, but this year I've copped on to my senses and really have started protecting my skin from the sun. Although it can be a little bit messy, it sinks in easily and smells amazing. It leaves your skin with a gorgeous glow and you can rest assured you're fairly protected.

PROS:
  • Great for Sensitive Skin
  • SPF 40! Highest Oil, I've ever seen.
  • Paraban Free, as well as being infused with Thermal Spa Water.
  • Light Floral Fragrance.
CONS:
  • Not great for the beach, as it leaves your skin glistening, and sand would get EVERYWHERE
  • Not sweat or water resistant, which can be a pain if you're a water baby like I am.
  • Has to be re applied often.
  • Smaller in size at 125ml, so you'll run out of it quicker than other oils
For me I prefer cream,especially if I'm at the beach and finds it sinks in a lot easier than any other formulas. It smells absolutely lovely, but isn't your typical sun cream scent, as it smells really fresh. It sinks in so quickly and the spray bottle is easy and minimises messes, as well as reaching hard to reach places! I use this more than the oil as it's a bit easier and although I love the glistening look at the pool, I don't like it for everyday use. You get 200ml in this bottle, which is fantastic as it will definitely last you a 1 week holiday, if not 10 days. I use my sun cream liberally so I'm only really speaking on my usage! 

PROS:
  • Sinks in easily and doesn't leave any greasy residue.
  • Great for Sensitive Skin and is Hypo-allergenic.
  • Smells light and fresh and isn't overpowering in the slightest.
  • Spray nozzle makes it easier and less messy to apply when out and about, especially on the beach.
CONS:
  • SPF 30 can be too low for paler skin tones.
  • Not Sweat or waterproof, and you need to reapply after rubbing which can be annoying
  •  Pricer than other products on the market
  • It's not really recommended for applying on your face.
Vichy Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch Face Cream SPF50*
I don't have sensitive skin, but when I'm on holiday's I like to use specific sun cream for my face. I know a lot of people don't bother and at times I don't either but If I have it handy I'll also use sun cream especially for the face. First things first, this sun cream is 100% matte and doesn't leave your face greasy which I love, especially if you're out and about for the day. It doesn't leave a white caste either so it's literally fantastic for everyday use, plus the fact that it has a SPF of 50 is the cherry on top of the cake! It does take a bit of gusto to rub it in however! I would definitely pick this up again for my holidays!

PROS:
  • Handy tube for travelling 
  • Leaves your skin completely matte, and doesn't leave a white cast. Great for Oily Skin!
  • Sinks in quickly and doesn't have an over powering scent.
  • Alcohol free
CONS:
  • Can be a little hard to blend in, as it's not a liquid formula.
  • As much as the tube is handy, I wish it was slightly bigger and I don't scrimp when applying it.
  • From reading other reviews it had lead to some breakouts. However I haven't experienced any!
  • A little bit on the pricier side at €14.50 however cheaper than others on the market.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great post! I do love the glistening look, so I may need to try that out! I've been hearing a lot of great reviews on this brand.

    Www.mylovelylittleladybird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the glistening look too only if I'm by the pool or out in my garden! ;) Definitely try it, you'll love it! xox

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig