Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Scarlett&Jo Maxi Dress Review

When I got my post last week, I was delighted to open this baby. I'm a huge lover of maxi dresses and floral, so this was perfect for me. I'm so glad the Scarlett&Jo team chose it for me! Maxi dresses are so easy to wear, and in my opinion are mutli-seasonal, and you can wear them every season! Although if you're going to rock one in Winter, I'd suggest going for a plain black fitted jersey one, and anything else I think looks a little too summery, and won't keep you warm(especially in Ireland and England!) This dress is part of the Scarlett&Jo Romance collection, which was launched to celebrate the brand turning One! Scarlett&Jo are a brand, I really like! Not all of it is to my taste (but that's the same as any label!) but I think they're dresses are absolutely beautiful and their cuts really flatter the fuller figure. It's great to see a brand doing so well in the recession, and I feel Scarlett&Jo, are going from strength to strength and I wish them nothing but success!

Now onto the dress! This Black Floral Layerd Maxi Dress* is so pretty. It's absolutely perfect for Spring, and can be worn right up until late Autumn! I wore this on Saturday when it was a lot warmer, than I'd ever expect March to be like. I did wear it over a leather jacket, but I wanted to show of the dress for y'all, so I took pictures without the jacket! The dress has a 3/4 length slip underneath it, that's detachable so you don't feel like you're constricted. I love the sleeves, again they're not constricting and flow lovely. Like a lot of women (all shapes and sizes!) I'm not a huge fan of my upper arms! I don't mind showing them off, or anything but for most part I like having the tops covered as most of the time I'm bloomin' freezing. It's got a lovely empire waist, and it flows over your curves perfectly. It will be gorgeous on your holiday's with some cute sandles, a few bangles and a nice clutch! For today's look I went quite casual, but adding my trusty Fedora, oversized sunglasses, and a statement necklace for a 70's boho feel.

It's an outfit that can be worn for multiple occasions, and I especially love the gorgeous floral print. Maxi dresses will always be in style it's just a matter of how you style it. For me wearing Maxi's there's only two types of footwear I like with them (Evening Maxi's aside) and that's sandals and ankle boots. Sandals obviously for the Summer, and ankle boots for the more colder months. I rocked mine with my ankle boots from Topshop. I still find them extremely uncomfortable( a year on) so being honest I wouldn't recommend them. I do however love the look of them, and find I wear them, when I know I won't be out walking a million miles that day. They did have a pair of real leather ones, that I heard were more comfortable, so maybe it's just because they're not real leather, they're harder to wear. Anyway, they're cute as long as I don't go too far, they're grand! If anyone has some nice heeled Chelsea boots that are comfy, let me know! Over all this is a great maxi dress! It's got a lovely boho feel to it, it's flattering and it's easy to style! Definitely a Spring/Summer staple for my wardrobe!

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous, really suits you!! I can't wait to buy some new Maxi dresses for summer, I think they're a must no matter what your size!

    Jade
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Jade! Exactly Definitely a must have item for every woman! xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig