Thursday, 27 March 2014

Mother's Day Gift Idea's

So Mother's Day is fast approaching! I've been waiting for Pay Day to get my Mum her present (She knows what she's getting) so it's not really a surprise! I'm getting her a Top from Fran&Jane that she loves! What's great about it, is that I can borrow it too ;) Anyway I decided to do a quick post for you guys if you're stuck for any inspiration for your Mum's or Nan's or anyone you want to spoilt this Sunday. I know not everyone is lucky enough to have a Mum, but Mother's Day doesn't solely have to be about Mum's. Treat the most important woman in your life on Sunday and show them you care :)
Untitled #90

Not the first thing that springs to mind, but Woldford tights are top quality and aren't something your mum would necessarily buy for herself. They're amazing quality and are so soft on your skin. Plus they last ages. I think they'd be a nice and different gift idea. I like getting nice luxurious items that I'd never really buy myself. I'd be much more likely to pop to Penney's and pick up a pair of tights than splash out on a luxurious pair like these ones but I know I'd love to get them as a gift! It's also a bit different from the generic options like flowers, candles and perfume! You can buy Wolford Tights in Brown Thomas in Dublin, Cork, Galway and Limerick. A pair of 100 Denier Tights are about €50 and will definitely last a few years, unless you've got a dog like I do who LOVES eating the feet of tights!

There's nothing nicer than getting a nice lipstick. Get your mum a nice luxurious lipstick. The two ones I immediately think of are Chanel and YSL. The packaging alone is worth it. At around €30 it's not going to break your piggy bank but it's something that she probably doesn't treat herself to. Chanel is my choice as I find the YSL lipsticks quite drying and not worth the €35 price tag, where Chanel glide onto your lips like butter and don't cause them to dry and crack and are a little bit cheaper. They have a wide selection of colours so you're bound to find a colour that suits your mum! If you're unsure you can never go wrong with a nice subtle pink. As it's something she'll wear both during the day and an evening out. If you're still unsure check out this fab Lipstick Guide it's really informative especially if you want to branch out and pick a brighter colour! Or of course the girls are the counter will help you either so you're not on your own.

A watch is a lovely gift to get. Not a lot of people buy watches for themselves, especially pretty one's. This is definitely something I'd consider getting if we hadn't bought mum a watch for her Birthday! This Sekonda Watch from H.Samuel is so gorgeous and something that looks a lot more expensive then it is! At under £50 it's a bargain. I honestly expected this to be like Michael Kors prices. It's got a bit of bling but not too much to be over the top. The rose gold is another lovely touch that makes this watch look a lot more expensive than it is.  Sekonda isn't a brand I'm familiar with but it's definitely one I'm going to keep an eye one as my watch obsession is growing and growing. It would be the perfect gift for you mum and again looks really designer, so it will earn you extra brownie points!

What women doesn't love Jo Malone? Whenever I even set foot on Grafton Street I have to pop into Brown Thomas for a bit of a sniff. I love all their products, especially their perfumes and candles. They're so different and you're sure to be noticed if you're wearing one of their scents. If I was ever to look for a gift for someone Jo Malone would be my first thought. Their packaging and presentation are absolutely beautiful. They've recently launched a new collection of perfumes inspired by the Rain in London, all of which is gorgeous and the coloured bottles are a bit of a change from their usual ones too! "White Jasmine & Mint" is my favourite scent. It's smells absolutely divine and whenever I get a sneaky chance I spritz some of Mum's! Either a perfume or a candle would be well received by any Mum and would get you in the good books for at least a month! 

Another great gift to get is a nice face cream. Liz Earle is one of my favourite skincare brands, and I especially love their Hot Cloth Cleanser. It works wonders for my skin and is the only cleanser I'll repurchase over and over again. I've heard great things about their Skin Repair Moisturiser. It softens, smooths and replenishes skin for a natural radiant glow. What women doesn't want that? It also helps protect against dryness. It's a great product and only €23 for a 50ml jar so it's a great gift to get if you're on a budget but you want to look like you've spent loads! I know from my Mum she doesn't buy nice cream for herself and waits for us to get her some on special occasions! Liz Earle are also doing some Mother's Day Gift Set's starting at €38!

SHARE:

2 comments

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig