Friday, 31 January 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Review

Gosh, it's been over 6 weeks, since Santa Claus came and went, in my stocking, was this little beauty! I actually bought this on behalf of Santa, as I was worried it would be sold out as quick, as it came in(I was right) However I handed it over when I came home, and didn't touch it, until Christmas morning. I must have some serious self control! Below is my review of the newest addition to the Naked family, I didn't think it would be such a positive review, after me not being the biggest fan of the Naked 2. I felt very underwhelmed after all the hype surrounding it, and was worried it would be the same for the Naked 3, however I have been proved wrong, and want to introduce to you all my newest love interest ;)
 I'm a huge fan of the Naked 1 and although I hate the packaging with a passion, I'm still baffled to why they haven't changed it! They need to change it into a tin, to stop the lid flipping up, whenever I bring my palette anywhere. So far there hasn't been to many catastrophes but nonetheless, they need to give it a bit of a make over! Anyway apart from the horrible packaging, the product is amazing, and one that I always reach for, when I'm lacking inspiration. It has a great variety of colours, ranging from light to dark,and I love mixing and matching all the eye-shadows for loads of different looks. Like all the Naked Palettes you can use it during the day, for a natural look or create a more smoky eye.
When the Naked 2 came out I was actually in Miami, and got it on the day it came out (26th of January 2012, the day I flew home!) and although I like it, I don't use it half as much as my Naked 1. I find the shades two metallic for my taste, although I do go through phrases and use it, usually more in the Winter. When the Naked 3 came out, I sort of rolled my eyes. I was thinking how much longer could they milk the whole "Naked" range. As now they ranges have moved on to foundations and even lip-glosses. So I didn't think too much of it, until I saw a preview, and My God I loved it. I knew immediately I would be putting it on my Christmas list, and I needed to get my grubby mitts on this rose toned beauty. It comes in a beautiful tin, like Naked 2, and includes a nifty little brush, which is amazing quality. The Naked 1 is warmed tones, the Naked 2 is cool toned so the Naked 3 is a little bit different making it perfectly acceptable to own all three. 
On first glance I love all the colours! They all really compliment each other, and the colour combinations are nearly infinite. There's a great selection from light to dark, shimmer to matte. All the colours in the palette are new to Urban Decay, so if you're an Urban Decay junkie, you'll want to snap this up straight away. I can already envisage all the looks I'm going to create with them all, and if you want a tutorial(not that I'm that I'm any sort of MUA, let me know!) You get 12 beautiful eye-shadows, and they're so nice it's hard for me to choose one. Although if push, came to shove I'd choose "Buzz", promptly followed by "Dust". All are creamy shadows, with great pigment, and for what you get it is definitely worth the €44! They're also extremely easy to blend, so you can create tons,and tons of gorgeous look. Used with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, these eye-shadow's last all day!Normally I hate being roped into buying an additional product but after getting a sample of the Primer Potion, It was that good, I purchased the full size.  As for usage, I use my Naked 1 the most and I've had it for nearly three years, and shadows are only hitting the pan now. So you can rest assure you'll get your money's worth out of this palette. 
Over all, I'm really pleased with this Palette, and the Naked 3 is a welcomed addition to the Naked family. I would probably choose this now,as my favourite palette. How fickle of me! There's just something a bit special about it, and the fact that it has pink packaging makes me love it more. No surprise there. The packaging keeps the eye-shadows safe from shattering, when travelling and you don't have to worry about the lid opening. I'm always concious of this when I use the Naked 1,so I think this makes the Naked 3, the clear winner for me! I know they're not exactly cheap, and we all know MUA cosmetics will probably do a dupe of it. I've gotten the MUA palette of the Naked 1 to see what was all the fuss was about, and being honest, there is little to no difference, only one packaging is significantly uglier than the other (and that's saying something!) I do however like a bit of luxury every now and again, and my MUA Palette has long since gathered dust while my Naked 1 still comes out to play on a regular basis. If you're on the fence on whether to get the Naked 3 or not, I'd honestly recommend it! 
What are your thoughts on the Naked 3, will their be a 4?

You can purchase your Naked 3 in Debenhams and House of Fraser or online HERE 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. I have never understood the appeal of "browns" but I've seen so many reviews of this I may break down and get it! The colors do look really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so lovely, I'd highly recommend it :) xox

      Delete
  2. I am very slow on the uptake and just got the number 2, next week I am getting number 3, then I will splash out on the number 1. They don't sell them in shops here in New Zealand, we either buy from overseas or people who have imported them here :). I love the number 2, but then I don't have 1 and 3 to compare yet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sucks! Lucky you can buy them online! You'll be spoilt for choice, when you have all three! :) xox

      Delete
  3. I would love a tutorial. I usually use Liar and Buzz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll get one up in the next two weeks for you, and will include those two colours! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this palette, the birthday bunny is bringing me it at the end of this month.... EEK excited x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you lucky duck! You'll love it! :) xox

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig