Friday, 24 January 2014

Plus Size Bikini

"Plus Size Girls can't wear this", "Plus Size Girls can't wear that". The age old discussion. Black=slimming, don't wear stripes, and God forbid you wear a bikini. I'm going to put it as simply as it is. Plus Size girls like all women, can wear whatever they want. I, for one love rocking a Bikini on holidays! I just love finding one that I like, and that flatters my shape, the way I like. 
 Plus size retailers have answered our calls, and now there's an array of bikini's for plus size girls. Now I did go shopping at the wrong time of year, and the Spring/Summer 2014 swimwear collections haven't hit stores yet. I picked up this Bikini in two different stores. I wanted a plain black classic bikini and I searched high and low! I picked up my bottoms from SwimdressBoutique and the Bikini top from Asos Curve. The top isn't as supporive as I'd like but it keeps the girls in check, without spilling out! It's comfortable on the back, without being too loose, or too tight. As long as you're comfortable at the beach or pool, you should wear whatever you want. I'm not a hugh fan of my stomach, so I prefer high waist bottoms, giving me a 50's look. Walking down to the pool I like to rock a Kimono, for a more put together look. I love Kimono's paired with Bikini's as it's not only stylish but gives you a little bit more coverage. 
In terms of support both the bottoms, and the top are adequate for swimming and sunbathing. The bottoms are high, but not too high. I find some high waisted bottoms, they rise up too high, and don't show off any of your stomach - your stomach needs a bit of sunshine too ;) These ones are perfect, come up high enough for Sian to be a happy bunny. They aren't "slimming" pants or anything, but they do hold you in a little bit, giving you that extra comfort and support! The Halter-neck bikini top is adjustable so you can get a much support as your bust needs. The cups are adequate, although I do wish they were set in Bra sizes, as I'd feel just a little more comfortable in it. However it fits well and doesn't ride up, or the straps don't tangle.
I felt absolutely fantastic in this Bikini, and felt so comfortable and confident. No matter what size you are, braving a bikini is always a bit daunting. Just because you don't have a flat stomach, a "thigh gap" etc doesn't mean you're any less gorgeous than girls who do! All women are beautiful no matter what shape or size they are, and the sooner we all learn to accept that, and embrace all body shapes and sizes the sooner, we'll all be happy in our swimwear! 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. You look amazing! I've not worn a bikini for nearly a decade if not more! But I love the high waisted pants! Think I'm gonna rock this look this summer!

    fatgirlglamorous.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you so should, I've no doubt that you'd rock one :D xox

      Delete
  2. It really suits you Sian! I'd never thought of trying Asos for a bikini top, I need extra support! Kimono is gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too supportive, but it's not bad either for €20 you can't go too wrong! :) xox

      Delete
  3. SUPER CUTE! Love the Kimono...where is that from?

    XO,
    Lanae
    www.polishedplus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! It's from Asos Curve xox

      Delete
  4. I love it! And I love my bikini too - can't believe it took me so many years to figure out that I can wear what I want.

    www.piece-of-my-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic isn't it, so freeing! :D xox

      Delete
  5. Ooh! You look so glamorous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing! I'm one of those plus size girls who've never had the courage to wear a bikini, but after seeing this post I think I'll buy myself a bikini for next summer. Thank you!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh you definitely should! I've no doubt you'll look beautiful! :) xox

      Delete
  7. Hi Sian. You look great. I'm in love with the Kimono but unsure about what size to get. What size is the one you have on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the UK20, although I'd recommend sizing up, if you want it a bit more loose! :) xox

      Delete

  8. Love it... Right on... Keep it up post more very helpful.. Thanks swim dresses uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig