After Christmas and my Holiday's I've limited money, until probably March. I've decided to take it upon myself to follow in the lovely Aisling's footsteps, and do a Frugal February. I know it's not February yet, but I've already gotten paid, so it started today! I'm doing it not only to increase my savings, but also prove to myself, I can do it. I've set aside my savings this month, and I'm left with €500. I still live with Mammy, and Daddy so I don't have to worry about groceries etc, unless I eat out. So this month until my next Pay Day, I'm going to be as frugal as I can be. €500 with not a lot of outgoing's may seem like a little much for some people, but I know myself I will struggle. I struggle to live on double that If I'm honest, so I know this month won't be the easiest. Not one to give up with out a fight, I'm going to document my progress over the next 4 weeks, and I will be 100% honest with you all!
- No spending money on clothes. Nada. Zip.
- My foundation is running low, so I can only buy Rimmel Wake Me Up.
- I'm also going to "Shop my Stash" -meaning more beauty reviews for you!
- Continue to save, and try my best to continue save a little bit more.
- Keep track with how much you spend on a daily and weekly basis.
- Bring lunch to work every day. Leave one day for a lunch out, and a maximum spend is €10.
- Try and get good deals when you eat out.
- No drinking Alcohol, unless it's bought for you, or if you pre drink before you go out.
- Have more movie nights in, and think of other fun, less expensive things to do with your friends!
- Don't get unnecessary taxi's. If the Bus/Luas is running take that instead.
- The only Magazine I'm allowed to buy is Stellar Magazine. No more trashy magazine's on my lunch break.
- No more Butler's Hot chocolates! €3.60 a pop, they certainly add up
- Carry Water around with me, so I'm not tempted to pick up a bottle of it.
- Take out sufficient cash, and only use my Card in emergency's.
So there are my Goals for February! I really do hope, I can push and test myself and avoid buying unnecessary items, I'm under no illusion it's going to be difficult, but it's going to be challenging. Of course some items are mandatory, but I'm going to search around for the best deal before I commit to buy anything! so I'm hoping I can do this! I'll update you every week, and let you know how I'm doing! :) Let me know if you're doing something similar so we can all support each other! As an incentive to keep me going, I'll treat myself to a Nars Palette ONLY if I last the month, without dipping into savings!