Wednesday, 18 December 2013

MAC: "Candy Yum Yum" Review

This has been my go to lipstick ever since my lovely friend Isha sent it over to me for my Birthday last month! It's probably one of my favourite lipsticks, ever! It's super vibrant, and is perfect for giving your lips a bit of colour on these dark dreary nights! I decided to do a quick review for you all, and let you know how much I love it! 

Now on first inspection, it's definitely not for the faint hearted. It's definitely a daring shade, as it's a Fushia (nearly neon) pink. As a girly, girl it was of course love at first sight. I'm a huge fan of bright lipsticks, especially MAC ones, and my collection has been growing bigger, and bigger! After "Up the Amp" I wanted something I could wear on a more regular basis, as lets face it purple isn't for everyday of the week. Before I ever got my hands on it, I had heard so much hype surrounding this lipstick. It was first launched as limited edition shade, but it's now been made a permanent fixture on all MAC stands. Now you're all probably sick of my bright lips, but you know me! 9/10 I will rock a statement bright lip. I think it makes my outfit feel more complete, and I feel instantly more glamorous. I especially love bright pink lipsticks, as I feel they give me a little more life and make me feel a little more awake, regardless of how many hours sleep, I got the previous night. 

As I've mentioned it's an extremely bright shade, almost Neon like. I love a good Neon pop of colour and I can honestly say, this lipstick is amazing, albeit intense. It's a Matte finish, something I originally was concerned about as my lips tend to be on the dryer side. However I didn't have to worry, and instead of leaving my lips dry, it's surprisingly moisturising. In fact the Matte texture only makes this lipstick more intense. Normally Matte lipsticks cling to all the dry skin on my lips, which isn't the best look, but there is still a slight sheen on "Candy Yum Yum". I would wholeheartedly recommend this lipstick to someone like me who loves a mad, vibrant lip! If you're more a neutral gal, I wouldn't suggest this lipstick at first as it is very bright! When I rock this lip, I leave everything else simple, and just go for a brown smokey eye, and a bit of eyeliner as I want the focus to be on the lip! It really is such a beautiful shade, and I urge all you bold lip lovin' gals to give it a whirl. 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. This is such a beautiful shade and it looks gorgeous on you! It's on my list so I'm hoping Santa brings it this time next week :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fab, and would look lovely on you! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love this color, unfortunately it just does not work against my complexion and teeth shade :( I ended up giving it away.
    InMyJoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's such a shame! It is a really bright shade, and it doesn't suit everyone :( xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig