Friday, 6 December 2013

Christmas Outfit Idea's

Well, well, well.. It's this time of the year again! Again I'm not organised, but trying! Last year I did a post that was quite popular, so I thought I'd do it again. Each year, I've a million and one functions to go to, and finding a few outfits proved harder than I thought! However with a little bit of planning, there's no need to panic. I've put together a few idea's for you gals, in the hope to help you pick your outfits for all your festive parties! I think I've covered them all, but if you need any advice at all, you can leave a comment and I'll try source what you're looking for! 
Untitled #73
Work Christmas Party
A lot of people dread this, but I don't. I work with a great bunch of ladies and I couldn't be more excited to have a few dances, and one too many cocktails with them. For a work party however I wouldn't go over the top. You want to look nice, and polished without your boobs hanging out! This dress from Yours Clothing is absolutely perfect. I'm wearing this to my Christmas part next week, and I can't emphasise enough how lovely it is. It's really flattering and looks just as nice with a belt, as it does without. I'm most likely going to wear a belt with it along with a sequin jacket to get into the Spirit of things. I'll keep everything else pretty plain, with a black clutch, black shoes and a plain statement necklace. It's classy, yet stylish. I plan to apply some Cocoa Brown Tan all over and add some Nuxe shimmering body oil to give me skin a nice glowy look. To completel my look I'll add a slick of vibrant red lipstick, as let's face it, no Christmas party is completely without a vibrant lip! 
Untitled #74
Night Out with the Girls!
I love a good night out with my girls, and especially love it around Christmas time! We all get dressed up, and paint the town red. When I first saw this Body-con Simply Be number, I knew it would be perfect for over Christmas. It's screams "Festive" and has been aptly nicknamed the "Mermaid Dress" It's so incredibly sparkly, and would be perfect for celebrating Christmas with your friends. If I was to wear it, I'd still pair it with a statement necklace to make the outfit, pop even more. I'd keep it to the same colour tones, as to not go over the top. I'd pair it with a nice fitted blazer, a plain court shoe and a nice clutch with some detail on it. The dress as you can see it so WOW you don't want to add to much extra to the outfit. For a makeup look I'd probably keep it really simply with a nice nude/pink lip!
Untitled #75
Secret Santa!
Every year, a group of us do Secret Santa, there's about 12 of us who gather in someone's house each year, for a night of movies, food, chit chatter and exchanging of presents! We always go quite casual, and this year I want to go in a pretty Christmas Jumper. This one from Miss Selfridge is perfect ,as it's not too tacky and you're able to wear it everyday, as opposed to the 12 Pubs of Christmas or another tacky night out! I'd pair this look with a complimentary necklace, disco pants rolled up with a pair of leather boots. I especially love this pair from Topshop. Again I'd pair it with a bright lip, and keep the rest of my makeup simple. It's a really comfortable outfit, but you're still fashionable and you're keeping in with the Christmas spirit. I however will more than likely have something tacky on my head or some Christmas tree sunglasses ;)

Untitled #76

Christmas Eve
For Christmas Eve, myself, my Grandparents, my Uncle and Cousin's go down to our local Pub for food and drinks. It's a lovely tradition and I always like getting dressed up for it! This gorgeous Scarlett&Jo Dress is my favourite out of the collection. It's absolutely beautiful, and I hope to get my hands on one soon! It's perfect for Christmas, and I'll feel like a right little Princess when I wear it. I'd pair it again with a statement necklace(noticing the pattern?) and keep the rest of the outfit black. I know I've pair every outfit here with black but it's the easiest and most versatile. As it's Christmas I love adding Faux Fur, and this little headband would add some extra warmth, and style to the outfit. I personally love Navy and Black together. It's effortless chic, I'd keep my nails a lovely shimmery navy tone, to pick up the navy in the dress. A simple pair of black tights, and patent shoes and you'll be ready to rock and roll!

Untitled #77
Christmas Day! 
I don't know about you, but by the time Christmas Day comes along I'm wrecked. I just want to be comfortable and stylish at the same time. A swing dress is perfect for this occasion. It's got long sleeves so you won't be cold, and it's light enough to be comfortable in the house. If you're not a huge fan of the swing style, you can add a simply belt to cinch you in at the waist. I don't really leave the house without a statement necklace as I'm sure you've guessed so a nice multi-chain necklace would make this outfit for me complete. As It's winter a pair of over the knee boots works well. If I had to nip out for whatever reason I'd stick on a simple snood and a black biker jacket as the leopard print dress is quite easy to work around.  As it's Christmas I think it's mandatory to wear a red lip, and this lovely YSL one, would be the perfect Christmas treat.

Hope this helps a few of you, if you're stuck for outfit idea's! :)

Sian xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Wow, that mermaid dress is stunning! Love all your picks though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfits! Perfect for Christmas :)

    http://relocatewonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, it's getting so close now! xxx

      Delete
  3. Would wear pretty much all of it. Nice post xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, you and I have such similar tastes! :D xxx

      Delete
  4. fab outfits love them all <3 http://joannavictoria.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous selection Sian, you've a great eye for this! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vicky, hope you're well! xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig