Sunday, 13 October 2013

L'OREAL Casting Creme Gloss in "Chocolate Truffle"


Thursday I had a bit of a crazy moment, and hot footed to Boots on my lunch break looking for something I'd never tried before. I've never home coloured my hair before and my Balayage was my first ever experience with dyeing my hair last May. As much as I loved the Balayage at the time, It was definitely time for me to get back to my roots, and go back fully brown. However at the moment, I'm mega broke. I'm down to my last few pennys for this month, so I decided to bite the bullet and get a home dye kit.

 I've dyed my friends hair before and L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss was what we used, so I knew it turned out well! I also bought a hair cutting kit, but that resulted in me making a quick trip to the Hairdressers Friday morning before work! Note to Self:NEVER CUT MY HAIR EVER AGAIN! I went for "Chocolate Truffle" as I didn't want to go too dark, nor too light. I didn't want my old hair colour back either, I wanted it a little bit darker than my natural. It took me less than two minutes to decide what colour to go for, and because it was called after chocolate, I of course had to choose it! For under €9 it was an absolute bargain, and I literally ran to the till with it. Reading the box, it looked fool proof and I felt assured that I wouldn't mess it up!

What really sucked me in was the "Shimmering Colour, Rich and Glossy Shine" My hair felt (and looked) extremely dull, and I missed my glossy shine, that my hair once had. Now I'm not one too believe everything on the box, but I really bought what they were trying to sell! I was quite apprehensive of how the colour would take to the Balayage and wondered would it look silly with the rest of my hair! Being realistic I knew It wouldn't turn a crazy orange colour, but I was still apprehensive nonetheless.  So armed with my kit, I went upstairs and began my "transformation"! Being honest, I didn't think it would be so effortless, and easy as it was! The whole process was over in about half an hour! Cheaper and quicker, than any hairdresser!It comes with really easy instructions, so easy even a monkey could understand. Being a hair dye novice I was a bit scared to start!
The L'OREAL Casting Creme Gloss comes in a three step guide. you're also given option A or B A if you haven't coloured your hair in 3 months, and B if you have. The instructions were clear and concise, and really really simple. all you do is mix the Creme into the Powder in the container with the nozzle and shake! Once you've shaken, apply liberally all over your hair. I made sure to get all the roots, and use up most of the bottle, as I wanted to make sure no Blonde bits shone through! I used a few clips, to clip up my hair, and make sure I got all the layers covered. It's not drip, but after I applied, I got an old towel and just put it over my shoulders, to save my shoulders going brown!

  The Leaflet is well illustrated so you really can't go wrong! After applying the dye liberally all over my hair I waited a little over twenty minutes before washing it out. Washing it out, it starting washing out a red colour, and I nearly DIED! After I'd washed it out, I applied all the conditioner to my hair to try and restore it's condition. I left it on for 5 minutes, before washing it out and blowing drying my hair, and I instantly fell in love with the results...(Cut thanks to Peter Mark!)Over all I absolutely LOVE IT! I feel like myself again, and I'm never going lighter ever again! I much prefer myself darker! The Casting Creme Gloss is absolutely amazing, and I can't recommend it enough. It's left my hair so soft and silky, and all my Balayage is completely covered! I'll definitely be sticking to this hair dye for the foreseeable future...that is until I get another mad idea into my head! 

What do you lot think? :)

Sian xxx
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Gorgeous! Your hair looks super healthy. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels super healthy too! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Your hair does look super healthy and shiny! I love the shorter locks as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Em! I looks so much more healthier than my old hair! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I used to home colour myself but never tried this particular dye. The colour you have chosen looks amazing on you!! Your hair looks really healthy and shiny. I used to love my hair in the days after dying, used to be so shiny and healthy looking.

    Carrie x


    CazmosWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, I love the Casting Creme Gloss and it really made my hair so shiny and healthy looking :D xxx

      Delete
  4. You look gorgeous! I think self colouring is underrated. If you want to give yourself a shiny conditioned look, going for a colour that is close to your own is a great way to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Leah! I know, it really is! I'm definitely going to keep going with this colour! :) xxx

      Delete
  5. You look amazing! That colour is lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colour and cut look great on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are stunningly beautiful , great hair even greater eyebows xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thank you, you're really sweet! :) xxx

      Delete
  8. That hair colour is gorgeous! It really makes your eyes pop. It looks in really great condition too!

    In fact I think you might have just inspired me on what colour to try :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! Definitely give it a go! :) xox

      Delete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm taking your picture to my hairdresser and telling her I want this haircut. So super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig