Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Back to Black

Many moons ago, before I started this blog, I use to live in black. A lot of people assumed it was because I wasn't as comfortable with myself, as I am now, and there might be a little element of truth to that, but honestly 90% of it was that I just LOVE black. It's the effortlessly chic, it can be brightened up with a bright scarf, bright lip and accessories. I think black especially amongst plus size women gets a bad reputation. Now don't get me wrong, there's a lot I don't like about black in certain styles, and cuts but if you're ever having a bad day, where nothing looks anyway decent on you Black will be your saviour! 
Untitled #69

Black comes in so many different forms. I love Black leather, Black Faux Fur and Black Sequins! It's all about texture for me! I love rocking a Leather skater skirt, and sheer shirt with a blazer. To finished off the look, I'll add a statement necklace and a strong, bold lip and will be ready to rock and roll! Another easy outfit would be a pretty skater dress, throw on a Faux Fur Gilet over it, and rock a trilby hat for a chic Autumn look! I love Floral crowns, and won't let the fact that it's Winter stop me from wearing them! I love the ones from Rock'n'Rose and this black one is only divine! Hopefully Mammy is reading this, and gets it for my Birthday ;) I actually picked up a gorgeous High-Low top from Yours Clothing ( Don't forget you can get £10 off your first order using "Blogger 9" at checkout!). I bought it quite a few sizes up, It's the perfect top for my days off, when all I do is catch up with friends or hit the shops!It also comes in an array of colours, and I'm definitely going to pick up the grey, when pay day arrives! I love wearing it with wet look leggings, and my black Over the Knee boots and a nice chunky scarf. It's incredibly easy, and I'm all snuggled up and cosy!

 I love adding silver accents to black. I used to be more of a gold gal, but silver has been creeping up on me, more and more! I love stacking multiple rings, as well as double layering them with midi rings. I just love the look and feel quite cool for once, I'm not going to lie! Paired with a slouchy jumper, ankle grazer jeans and a pair of Brogues, I feel like I should be hanging out in Brick Lane 24/7. Primark, Miss Selfridge and Topshop are my favourite shops for nice necklaces at the moment. Primark would probably be my favourite,they're dirt cheap, and they've come on in leaps and bounds and every time I go in there, I'm amazed with the new bits in. At the moment, they're limited edition collection is absolutely gorgeous, so nice I'm thinking of wearing one of them to my cousin's wedding next weekend. Another way to wear black is of course with sequins. I'm a huge fan of sequins, and wear them all year round. This particular one from Wallis is absolutely stunning, and I'm thinking of getting it for my Birthday! It's so pretty, and I know I'd get so much wear our of it. For £99 it's a great little Jacket, and I know I'd wear it to death. As there's black in it, there's endless possibilities of what you could wear this with. A Simple white tee, a skater skirt and this jacket would look as nice as if you glammed it up for a night out with your girls! 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig