Friday, 6 September 2013

Everyday Make Up

I get asked a lot what makeup do I use on a regular basis, so I thought I'd finally put pen to paper, and let you guys know what I use! I suppose the reason, I've put it off for so long, is that I'm not a makeup artist. I just love playing around with it, and seeing what looks work, and which don't!  I'm in love with High Street makeup brands, and tend to choose them over "Designer" brands, so hope you're all not disappointed! (Although if you do want a look using the High end makeup I use from time to time, I'll get around to doing that too!)
First things first, my makeup bag. I picked it up in Penney's for €4. It's the perfect size for my handbag, and I can fit all my essentials in it. It also helps that it's cute too. I love my Ted Baker one, but I find it too hard, and it's near impossible to cart it around! I fit all the below items comfortably in this little case, which is a first for me. I must say, I was surprised that the little Benefit Palette fitted in nicely, as before I'd have to leave it at home, if I didn't want to bulk up my old makeup bags!
To start things off I use Rimmel "Wake Me Up" foundation. I find it's perfect for my dry skin. I gives me a nice dewy look, and isn't too heavy. It's medium coverage, and but you can build it for a higher coverage. It's definitely one of my favourite foundations of all time. To apply the foundation I use my MAC Stipling brush #187 After I let it set for a minute or two, I apply the Collection2000 concealer to my under-eyes, blemishes and anything else i want covered up!I can't rave enough about this concealer. It's the best I've ever, ever,ever used and for less than €7 you really can't go too wrong. If I'm out for the day, I'll apply Benefit's "Hello Flawless" powder. More often than not, I don't used any powder at all.
After my base is set, I start contouring. My favourite product for this is the Bourjous "Bronzing Primer" It's equally gorgeous used as a Primer, as it is used for contouring. I used the Stipling brush from Real Techniques, and apply it to the hollows of my cheeks, either size of my nose, and my temples.After I've blended I get my Blush Brush, again from Real Techniques, and apply MAC's "Dainty" shimmery blush all over my cheeks. My favourite product used on my cheeks, has to be the LACREATIVE highlighter*. It's by far the best I've used, and will be repurchasing it when it runs out! I just look the colour of it, and it gives me a nice natural glow! I prefer it to any of the MAC highlighters, and even High Beam!
For my eyes, I use Benefit's "Sexiest Nudes  Ever" Palette* and use the pink shade all over my lid, and the light brown shade lightly blended in to my crease. What I like about this palette is, that it's natural, yet you can mix and match the palette for a different look. I've been on a mission to find the perfect Mascara, for as long as I can remember. I always find it rather difficult to settle on a mascara.  I have a Love/Hate relationship with "They're Real" by Benefit. I love how it looks, but It's a nightmare to remove. I recently tried No.7 "Fanomenal" Lashes*  and I think I've found my new favourite mascara. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but it's fast become my go to mascara. My lashes looks fuller, longer and the best part, it's not a nightmare to remove. After my eyeshadow and mascara are done, I fill in my brows. Which is then followed by a touch of pink lipstick and a bit of gloss for a girly, natural look!

Sian xxx
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Great post Sian! I ran out of my beloved Hello Flawless foundation and plan on getting some 'Wake Me Up' to replace it; I've heard such great things about it. Such a *gorgeous* pic of you at the bottom, just gorgeous!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Gail! :) Wake Me up is my favourite foundation of all time! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Love your make up ! You look like Sleeping Beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow your make up is flawless! you are so beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you Pamela, thank you :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Just gorgeous! I love the Rimmel Foundation x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! :) It's my favourite foundation ever! :) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig