Saturday, 17 August 2013

The Carrie Dress

Dress:Topshop, Blazer/Rings:Penneys/Primark, Necklace:River Island, Shoes:New Look, Bag:Fran&Jane

Topshop is fast becoming my favourite shop again. I use to shop there all the time, and would always come away with something whenever I went in. Over the past little while, every single time I went in, there was absolutely no size 16's or even 14's. So I was forced to shop elsewhere or shop online! Not really ideal if you're on your lunch break and want something nice to wear for that night. However on Monday I was really early for work, and decided to nip into House of Fraser in Dundrum, and have a look in Topshop, not expecting to see anything in a larger size. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw this beauty. I ran over and wasn't expecting a size 16 on the rack. It must of been my lucky day because there was ONE left. I tried it, and the rest is history! As an avid Sex and the City viewer it reminded me of the dress Carrie Bradshaw wears in the opening sequence, and I must admit I felt a little like her last night! 

On Tuesday night I attended the Oohlala Blog awards, and had a great night. A little over crowded but the drinks (and doughnuts) were yummy! It was held in 37 Dawson Street, which is a fab venue. I wanted to go dressy but not too dressy. I paired this dress with a statement necklace and a black blazer, as there's been a bit of change in the weather, and it's becoming rather chilly. It's a cropped style and at €19 in Penneys It's definitely a good buy. I'm glad I opted for a different colour as I'd normally go for a black in this type of dress, it's always good to get out of your comfort zone, right? It also comes in a gorgeous Pink colour! If it ever comes back into stock, I'll be snapping that baby up too! 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Oooh Sian I got this in black when I was in London a few weeks ago! I wasn't too sure of it but after seeing it on you I'm definitely giving it a go again xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Jealous! Rock it, you'll look fab as always!! xxx

      Delete
  2. I stopped shopping in Topshop too, because they never had 16s - but I'll be hunting this dress down! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous Sian, I love how you styled the dress x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling you look beautiful . I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Callie, I'll come visit you soon! Miss you more xox

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous outfit, Sian! It actually reminds me more of the outfits Carrie wore in Paris! So pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super Cute Outfit! I'm in the market for a good black blazer, it works so well dressing up an outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look bloody gorgeous! And your hair is so Volumous how do you get it so big? I ordered this the other day and it arrived this morning I'm so in love! Hope it looks as nice on me as it does on you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG just found your blog & I love it, all your outfits are amazing, I'm gonna be scrolling through this for days lol.
    I'm after inspiration for outfits to wear for work at the min, I work in an office but its quite casual (no jeans thou) any ideas pretty please?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable outfit and you hair is so gorgeous. PS The shoes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find, that is such a gorgeous dress and I think it's great that you get out of your comfort zone, I think the color of the dress looks great on you! Oh and the statement necklace is great too! :)

    Nina
    http://curvymod.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig