Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Big Hair, Don't Care

As you all know, I'm slightly obsessed with voluminous hair. The bigger the better, I say! I've used a million and ones products over the past number of years in search of the biggest hair I can get. I've used powder, sprays, and have back-combed my hair a million times. I just love the look of big hair, and I think it suits my style, if that makes sense? Tresemme, and Aussie are the two products I came to know and love, for my big hair. I'm always reluctant to test new products, as I was comfortable in my hair care routine. However when John Frieda "Luxurious Volume" arrived in the post, I was more than happy to give it a whirl. I've used John Freida products before, and had a good experience, so I knew I wouldn't be let down. 
A lot of people don't realise (I didn't either until last year!) that I have fine hair. With the mop of hair I do have, I naively assumed that I had thick hair. It was finally good to know, what my hair type is. My stylist told me I had fine hair, just a lot of it. This Shampoo and Conditioner is specifically for fine hair, and after my first wash, I noticed a change immediately. My hair after blow-drying it was HUUUUGE.I felt like Cheryl Cole flicking my hair (I wish!) The second time I tested the products, I  used the Blow-drying spray from the same range, which promises to give your hair a further lift. In my last outfit post, you can see the results. It speaks for itself!
The Shampoo* is a thick texture, and forms a nice lather. I hate when I have to use so much product on my hair, and takes ages to wash out, especially if I'm in a rush that morning. I only need to use a tiny amount, as it goes a long way. I usually get around a month out of John Frieda Shampoo and Conditioner's and I don't think this one will be any different, although does anyone else use a lot more conditioner than they do Shampoo? I swear I have it in my head that I need a bucket load of Conditioner to tame my crazy hair.
The conditioner* is a nice consistency. It's not as thick as others I've used, and to be honest I was a bit apprehensive, and didn't expect as good of a result compared to thicker formula's. When I first used it my hair was quite tangled and in dire need of some TLC. I applied a decent amount from my root to tip, as I really wanted to give my hair some pampering. I left it on for 3-4 minutes and then made sure to  wash it out thoroughly. When I combed my hair, It was like I had no knots! I was really impressed! Not only was my hair left soft and tangle-free it had a lot more volume in it. 

Over all I thought the John Freida Shampoo and Conditioner were fantastic, and really gave me the big hair I crave! 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. So cool! I want to try this! I hope, it will help me. ksaniastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely going to give these a try. I have super fine hair and not much of it! Yours looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, I'd highly recommend them! xxx

      Delete
  3. Hey, I have commented on some of your old posts, but I am quite new to blogger & not quite sure how it works, how will I know if you have commented back or not? confused lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll just have to check back ;) I'll reply now, I've been mad busy that last few days xxx

      Delete
  4. Cant wait to get this as I've seen all positive reviews. Would NEVER have though your hair is fine, it always looks so thick and bouncy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, trust me, it was a shock to me too ;) xxx

      Delete
  5. I didn't have a great experience with the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette range (it was SO sticky and heavy) but this sounds fab- I would never have said your hair was fine! That's some mane you have there lady, very jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! :) Ha I know, I nearly didn't believe her, as I've a mountain of hair! haha, you wouldn't be jealous trying to brush it ;) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig