Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Autumn Outfit Idea's

Walking home from work tonight (I was on the late shift) and even though I finished at 9pm, it was still bright out, until last night. Last night was the first time in months that it was dark when I was walking home, and it hit me that Summer was well and truly over. I had a great Summer, and as sad as I am to see the back of it, I'm really looking forward to the Autumn outfits. I love layering, and I much prefer Winter clothes to Summer ones. Give me a chunky knit, over a crop top any day! I decided to put together a few outfits, to hopefully give you all some idea's for the upcoming months! All are outfits consisting of clothes, that I'm sure you all have in your wardrobe so you can start planning your Autumn outfits with the clothes you already have in your wardrobe. 
Autumn Outfit #1

Cardigan:Fran&Jane, Dress and Boots:Topshop, Rings:River Island, Necklace:Zara

For me nothing screams A/W like a good chunky knit. Year after year Fran&Jane nail it on the head with their knitwear. Good quality and super warm. This oversized shrug is perfect for this time of year, and will always be perfect around Christmas time. I'd pair this with a tunic dress, I love the pattern of this Topshop one, and would wear it with tights, and cut out boots. Simply pair is with a statement necklace and you're set to go. This outfit is perfect for the weekend when you're running around, and don't want anything bulky or uncomfortable on. The accessories are statement but not over the top, and with silver accessories you're always going to get the wear out of them! You could easily wear them with the other two outfits as well!
Untitled #58

Dress&Scarf:A|Wear, Jacket:New Look, Boots:Topshop, Waist belt:Whistles

This A|Wear dress is the perfect transitional piece. It can be on it's own now, or with thick tights in the Winter for a monochrome look. For now I'd personally wear it with a more neutral jacket, as I don't want to jump straight into Winter, as I wear a lot of black and white during the Winter months. I'd pair it with cute ankle Chelsea Boots and add a skinny belt to define my waist and to tie in the boots, and the black edges of the scarf. This jacket is absolutely gorgeous and will keep you warm through out the Winter. For now it's perfect under a little dress but if you're out and about in October/November you could easily layer it up to keep that extra bit toasty. For me A/W is all about boots. I love boots, more than heels. I espeically love the Chelsea style that are everywhere at the moment. I love these Topshop ones, but Asos,River Island and Aldo also do good quality ones, that will last you, year after year!

Untitled #59

Kimono:River Island, Jeans:Asos, Tunic:New Look, Runners:Vans, Sunglasses

I've recently purchased this River Island Kimono, and I absolutely love it. It had been sold out for months, but when I was in Galway a couple of weeks ago, I saw it in their teeny tiny River Island shop, and had to snap it up. Although being perfectly honest I couldn't really afford it! I've been wearing it non-stop, and it's so comfortable. Now I will say there's no warmth in it, but it's still not cold yet, so I've another couple of weeks of wearing it just on it's own left. It looks equally as nice over a tight tank top, as it does over a tunic top. My go to places for Tunic tops would be New Look and American Apparel. I don't mind paying a little bit for items of clothing I'll wear loads, and get the use out of it! I usually pair it with skinny jeans, and flats. For a more edgier look I'd pair it with runners and ripped jeans. Keeping the rest of the outfit simple with a slick of coral-pink lippy. 


Are you guys looking forward to Autumn? 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi Sian, where are the sunglasses from? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sorry, forgot to mention that, they're here:

    http://www.shopzerouv.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/indie-dapper-hipster-flat-top-vintage-aviator-sunglasses-8945

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig