Friday, 24 May 2013

Summer Lips

Hey Beauties, 
Last night I headed with the very lovely Roisin to the LA Creative event, in their new store on Chatnam Street in the centre of Dublin. As a lover of makeup, this is like a mecca to me! I'll write a post on the event itself in the next few days, as it was a fab one! They have a fantastic selection of Lipsticks, and I was thrilled when I got my hands on not only a Lipstick, but a shiny sparkling lipgloss. I was so excited to try them out, I tested them out today, to let you guys know what I thought. As you know I'm a lipstick fiend, and wear it 7 days of the week. Normally I'm either a pink or a red girl, with the occasional nude thrown in for good measure. I'm always looking for different and unusual colours, that aren't too crazy, and can be worn for work and for going out with the girls!
As you can see both these colours are perfect for Spring/Summer. I've been searching for a nice coral lipstick for ages. I've a few orange lipsticks, but I wanted something a little more subtle for during the day. It's quite nourishing on, and smell amazing- like you're on holidays! It's named "Micro Melon" so it's definitely one for your holiday makeup bag! It's a creamy texture, and it doesn't dry out your lips. My skin/lips are often dry, so this is a big deal for me, and I won't wear lipstick(Aside from the ever so pretty Rouge Volupte "Lingerie Pink") that dries out my lips. I wore it the whole day, and did need a few touch up's but I was happy with it's longevity.When I saw the lipgloss, I was a bit hesitant. I've had awful experiences with lipglosses, so I'm not a huge fan of them. The only lipgloss I've really liked was Rimmel "Apocalips" so I was wary about this one. "Super Pink" is  a gorgeous sheer pink with added sparkles so I warmed up to it straight away. It's not as sticky as I'd imagined, and is a gorgeous nudey pink on your lips. It's perfect worn during the day, or layered over your favourite pink lipstick for a night out. I'll definitely hold on to this!
Micro Lipstick in Melon* €15 & Super Gloss in Super Pink* €13

Both these colours are gorgeous. Truthfully I probably wouldn't repurchase the lipgloss purely because I don't wear lipgloss enough. I would definitely repurchase the lipstick though. It's the perfect colour for summer, smells delish and lasts a decent amount of time of your lips. Win-win all round! 

You can purchase LA/Creative Makeup in their store on Chatnam Street, Dublin 2 and through their website 

Sian xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I passed this place this morning, looks good! I love the lipstick colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely pop in next time you pass! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of LA creative before but they look really nice! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fab! I'm definitely going to become one of my regulars! :) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig