Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Pur Mineral Starer Kit Review

Hey Beauties, 
Now I've a confession to make, I didn't trust mineral makeup. As someone who suffer's from dry skin, I couldn't think of anything worse to put on my face to be honest. I've always been a stubborn sceptic not really believing reviews or what my friends told me about it. Crazy, huh? Anyway when I got the chance to try it out, I threw caution to the wind, and gave it a go. Still highly doubtful, and with no expectations, mind. Optimism at it's finest, eh?
Pur Mineral's Starter Kit*

First things first. It's a 4 step kit, with clear concise instructions on the back, so everyone can apply it correctly. There's nothing worse than a list as long as your arm of instructions that makes no sense, and only confuses you further! The very simple instructions are as follows:
Step 1: Correcting Primer: to balance out the skin tone, to reduce the look of pores and nourish for a brighter and firmer appearance, with clinically proven skin-perfecting ingredients. I applied this evenly over my face, and left it a minute to sink in. I loved this, it felt like silk on my skin, and gave me the perfect base. 
Step 2: Not only a powder foundation,but also a concealer. It also contains a SPF15, which is a must for me during the summer months. I applied the powder using the chisel brush in a circular motion, until I was satisfied with the coverage. You can layer it for a fuller coverage, which I love as you have a few options on how to wear it. It would be especially great for a day when not a lot of makeup is required.
Step 3: To give your skin, a sun kissed glow I swept the Bronzer sparingly over my face. It contains antioxidants and Shea butter so it's a win-win in my book. But be warned, a little goes a long way.
Step 4: Mascara application. I personally stuck to my 'ol favourite as the mascara looked as cheap as chips. So I can't comment too much on this one, I'm afraid! 

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised. Now It's not a miracle foundation or anything, but I works a lot better than I'd ever anticipated. It's so easy to apply, and your skin feels amazing. You've no cakey feeling, you actually feel like you're not wearing any foundation at all. When I do use this again, I will probably build up the coverage a teeny bit more. Now I do have to keep in mind I did had a hormonal breakout  over the weekend. when I applied this so my skin wasn't as clear as it should be, but for work I'd definitely build up the coverage. I must admit, I eat my words. It's not nearly as awful as I anticipated  my skin didn't turn into one big dry patch, so that was a win-win all round. I will definitely be repurchasing this. It's perfect for Summer, when you want coverage but not heaviness. Maybe in future I should be more open to other types of products, who knows what I'm missing out on? They're available in Debenhams stores and Online

Have you tried mineral makeup?

Sian xxx


SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I've heard really good things about Pur Minerals, but I've never tried it either! It looks really amazing, I'm glad you weren't disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me too, I was so sceptical, but I'm so glad I gave it a go! :D xxx

      Delete
  2. Do you know where you can buy this? I want :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debenhams Stores and Online :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I always presume that they will just make my skin really patchy because its quite dry.....hmmm maybe I should give it a go at least before dismissing it totally! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! I was the same as you!! :D xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig