Sunday, 26 May 2013

Making a Statement

Hey Beauties, 
I've been meaning to do this post for a while. Unless you've been living under a rock for the last while,  you'll notice that statement necklaces are EVERYWHERE. Being well ahead of the crowd, I've been wearing them for years. You've all probably guessed by now that I'm a huge fan of bling. The bigger the better, and if it's tacky, that's an added bonus. I swear it's one of my favourite things to buy. I love buying statement necklaces as I get a lot more wear out of them, than most of my clothes. An outfit isn't complete for me without some fabulous neck accessory. I love how, no matter how awful you're feeling and if you're having a day where "nothing blooody fits me" you can never go wrong with a LBD, and a nice statment neck piece. I've put together a few of my  favourite necklaces in the shops at the moment, that I wanted to share with y'all! 
Untitled #51

I'm often asked where I get my necklaces, as I always go for quirky pieces, that look more expensive than they are. My go to shops would be H&M, Topshop, New Look, Boohoo and River island, as well as Penney's! My most recent obsession is from Boohoo. Boohoo.com, is actually amazing in terms of accessories. They're super cheap, have a wide selection and have something for everyone. If you haven't already checked them out, definitely do! Penney's/Primark, have really upped their game in recent times, and they currently have amazing statement pieces for little to nothing! New Look is also high on my list, as they're cheaper than Topshop and River Island, but have similar pieces. Every so often, they have a "Buy 1 get 1 free" deal on, so keep your eyes peeled for those! Saying that,  Topshop, never fails to impress me. Yes they're prices are expensive, but there's no denying the pieces are cool and quirky and you'll always find something for any occassion, same goes for River Island. River Island would have more daring, and more colourful pieces but they're funky and the quality is surprisingly good. I bought a silver statement piece over two years ago. It's insanely heavy and only has a small clasp. I've worn it loads, and it's still going strong! 

If I a want something a little more special, I'll treat myself to a Fran&Jane necklace. I'm all for supporting Irish brands, so when I want a glam piece, it's the first place I head to! Before Christmas I bought a gorgeous Black, Silver and Gold piece. At €99 it was a little more than I wanted to spend on a single neck piece, but I decided to treat myself.  I justified it, by how versatile it was and it would go with a lot of my wardrobe. I've worn it at least 3 times a week since then, and it's still in perfect condition. No stones, have fallen out, and it still looks brand new, so it was definitely a great buy! At the moment, they have a very similar one, with gorgeous gold's and turquoises, which I'm extremely tempted to get!  If any of you are in Dundrum Town Centre you should definitely pop in and have a look! You won't be disappointed! 

Sian xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig