Wednesday, 27 March 2013

March Glossy Box 2013

I didn't review February's Glossy box, and I didn't think it was anything special bar the cute pink box and the rose lip balm (which I've actually used everyday and love!) I think you can be lucky or unlucky in terms of the box you get, and last month, luck wasn't on my side! This month's box is actually quite good! Although for approx €16 I'm considering cancelling my subscription. I might give it one more month to improve and if not I'm outta there! 

As with every month it was based around a theme, this month we were invited to "Get City Chic" The Box contained 5 products as well as an adorable little traveling book, which featured 13 must see destinations around the globe as well as place to see, shop, and eat! It was so cute, and a lovely touch! You also got really nifty stickers for your passport!

This month's blog included:
"RENU Flash Relax Mask ","L'occitane Brightening Hand Care",Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, Skin Protectant", "Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush", "Pearlys Weekly Teeth-Brighten Powder"

The stand out product for me this month was between the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream as it's been a favourite of mine for years of the Pearls teeth brightening powder. The 8 Hour Cream has been a cult product for years and a product that I use on pretty much everything. From my lips to my hands! My one had just ran out so this will tide me over until Pay Day when I can snap up another one! I'm always looking for more ways and products to aid my search for the perfect pearly whites! I've yet to try it out but I've heard good things! The L'Occitane hand cream as much as it's a brand I'm fond it is a bit of a let down. It's a teeny tiny size and would last me about a day! It's very moisturizing and smells lovely but I needed a  bigger sample Glossy Box!  The Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush is nourishing on the lips and gives a lovely lip stain, without drying out your lips. I wear a lot of bright colours on my lips so this is perfect as I find most lippy's dry out my lips terribly! It's the only full size product in my box which again is a little bit disappointing. RENU Flash Relax Mask was a little surprise, I love face masks and really enjoying relaxing in a scalding hot bath with gunk on my face after a long hard day! I tried the "MONU" mask a few months back and loved it. RENU and MONU are sister companies with similar packaging which left me slightly confused, but excited all the same. I can't wait to try this out over the weekend as if MONU is anything to go by I'll be a happy little (Easter) bunny!

What do you guys think of Glossy Boxes? Have you unsubscribed? Found a better value beauty box? Let me know!

S xxx
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. In New Zealand they have just started them in the last 6 months or, so I have had a couple and my daughter got a couple from a different company, we were disappointed with them, and cancelled them. I have seen some pretty ok ones from Aussie, which are much better than our NZ ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's such a shame they've better ones in Australia :( Although they're not great over here recently, so you're not missing out too much! xxx

      Delete
  2. I just cancelled my glossybox subscription, couldn't face the dissapointment any longer! xx
    blogstandardact.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I'll do the same unfortunately :( xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig