Thursday, 21 March 2013

Benefit "Fake Up"

As I mentioned in my previous post, Last Friday I attended the Benefit "Fake up" event. I'm always on the look out for new concealers, so I was delighted to find out more.  The newest addition to Benefit it aims to hydrate, brighten and conceal dark circles and blemishes. The creamy concealer is surrounded by a hydrating ring made up of both Vitamin E and apple seed extract, which not only hydrates your skin but keeps your concealer in tip top condition all day, and helps avoid the dreaded cakey look, which we've all been guilty of! 
As with all Benefit products the packaging is so cute, with clever names. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover and all that jazz, but how cute are these tubes? It comes in three shades. Light, Medium and Deep. I was surprisingly matched to a medium concealer and with all this working mad hours lately I was eager to try it out as I've read so many rave reviews from other beauty bloggers! I was especially looking forward to trying it out on some of my random spots I get every *cough,cough* time of the month ;)
What I love most about this concealer is the hydrating ring. It's a pleasure to apply to the skin, and it's good knowing you're actually helping your skin, while you beautify yourself! I applied it in a V shape under my eye and was amazed with how it vanished. It's definitely going to be my go to concealer for tired eyes! It's extremely moisturizing on the skin and glides on effortlessly. As we were luckily given not one, but three samples we were told that we could potentially use the others for contouring. I've yet to try the deep out yet, but I'm heading out tonight, so I'm sure the proof of the pudding will be in the pictures!
  Fake Up*€26.50 available Nationwide 30th of March.  

Fake Up is specially formulated to avoid creasing, so you avoid the cakey look,so it's  a win win, all round! As you can see below you can actually see how moisturizing the ring is! you can see a light sheen accompanies the concealer. It's a light coverage but buildable and once you've applied your foundation and powder it gives a great coverage with, yep, you guessed it no cakeyness!

 Over all a fantastic product, and I will definitely repurchase :)

S xxx
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Sounds amazing. Love the look of the hydrating ring but I just have a slight question. Does it not feel a bit sticky or greasy once applied? Or does it absorb into the skin right away? For €26.50 a pop I need to do some extreme saving. :) Ps I totally agree about the packaging. Benefit and their adorable tempting packaging. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not at all, it absorbs instantly :) it's definitely worth investing it :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This post is perfect timing for me because ive had such an issue recently with concealer looking cakey round my eyes and I have no idea why, maybe its as im getting older but non the less its been annoying the life out of me. This sounds right up my street, the only concern I have is that its light coverage, I always feel I need something heavier xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it last night, and had absolutely no cakeyness around my eyes! It's buildable so I wouldn't be concerned about the light coverage :) xxx

      Delete
  3. nice products *_* your blog looks very lovely and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great product :) Definitely my new favourite concealer x

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig