Sunday, 10 February 2013

Spring/Summer Wish List High Street Edition

Hey Lovelies,
Haven't done a wish list in a while! As a plus size girl, who is obsessed with fashion, I've never confined myself to Plus Size stores. My style is definitely trend lead, and I love keeping up to date with all the latest trends and styles. Unfortunately some plus size retailers aren't quick enough off the mark. Now don't get me wrong they has been massive changes with Asos Curve, Simply Be,Yours Clothing and Evans becoming a lot more trend driven, which is great. But as there not on my high street here, I tend to stick to the shops that are, and if I'm purchasing from one of the above companies I do so online. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I try everything I like on, regardless of the size and have found some gems, that I still treasure to this day! It's all about experimenting and trying different styles on girls :)

River island wishlist

River Island 
Going up to a size 18, River Island is great for plus size girls on the smaller end of the scale. Their sizes can be quite generous, and they often have loads of elasticated waisted skirts, and over sized tops! They're my go to shop on the high street for Blazers, pretty skirts and amazing accessories. The Beaded Headband...ERMAGAWD. I Love the Chanel inspired jacket, it will go lovely over a plain black dress and heels for night time, or equally as nice with jeans, and a white tee for during the day! The Pink jumper is very similar to a WildFox one, I had my eye on but for less than half price, I think I may have to pick this one up instead! Demin/denim look skater skirts are everywhere at the moment, and I love this one here! You can wear now with tights, but when the weather gets warmer it would be lovely on it's one, with a nice tanned leg!

Topshop
Topshop
A lot of plus size girls loathe Topshop, I know they stop at a size 16, but that doesn't mean you can't go in and try things on! Some people have been ranting saying they get "funny looks" by the sales assistants in there, but I for one have never experienced that. I think people are being a bit paranoid. Anyway... Here's what I'm looking at the mo from Topshop! I love their basics range, I've a couple of these dresses now, and there so easy to wear, they're flattering. They always have gorgeous knitwear, with funky motifs and colour! The crop top, is making huge comeback, and I'm just contemplating if I'm brave enough to rock this one! I'd pair it with a high waisted skirt, and little flats on a hopefully hot day during the Summer! I'm getting more and more into body con dresses as of late, and love this graphic print one! There's one thing you can't beat Topshop on, and that's their body con dresses!
Untitled #35
New Look
New Look in my opinion has come on leaps and bounds. It has it's own Plus Size Section Here, and there normal range goes up to a size 18. There price points are definitely the lowest out of these three, and their quality is on par.  Their clothing is very similar to both River Island and Topshop, so It's worth a look to see if you can get something similar with them. I for one, love their jeans! I'm not normally a jeans girl, but I just so happy to love the fit of these jeans! Their jeans are all good quality, and wash really well! Their jewellery is nothing short of amazing at the moment, and hopefully I'll pick up a few gorgeous pieces when I'm in London next weekend. I love this multi coloured speckled jumper, it's perfect for Spring, when it's still cold out, but you don't want to wear dark drab colours! 

 Well that's my Wishlist done for another week! I found it so hard narrowing them down! 
 If you would like me to do a plus size version, with all the plus size stores and my favourite picks, please let me know :)

S xxx
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. Great selection! I never thougth anything from River Island will fit me ket alone topshop but I love their clothes!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly try things on! I wear River Island all the time :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Youve picked some gorgeous bits , the riverisland stuff is hotness xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, can't wait to hit it next weekend in London! :D xxx

      Delete
  3. Great selection. I love the New Look dress - perfect for spring/summer!

    Becky
    beckys makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it! :D I love nudey pinks :D xxx

      Delete
  4. I've had my eye on that River Island tweed blazer for ages!! Great picks

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's fab isn't it?! I may have to pick it up in London ;) xxx

      Delete
  5. Fab picks, I love the pink Nerd sweater :) such a cute colour that's perfect for Spring/Summer! x

    Sarah @ sarahlouxo.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so cute, and a bit cheaper than the Topshop ones too ;) xxx

      Delete
  6. I really like the denim skirt from River Island! So nice.

    I'm having a give away at my blog - please check it out if you feel like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving denim at the mo! everywhere seems to have them :) xxx

      Delete
  7. Lovely picks! And I agree about Topshop; it's always worth a try on, especially if it's oversize/has an elasticated waist! And the staff at my local store have never been anything but lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! A good friend of mine works for Topshop, and she's lovely! I've never, ever in a million years experiences any sort of "looks". I think it's people being dramatic truth be told! ;) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig