Thursday, 14 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Lacquers Review

Hey Beauties!
Happy Valentines Day <3 
Okay, If you've already read a gazillion reviews of this feel free to skip this post! I'll totally understand!  I attended the Butter London Launch last week, and myself and my blogger chum Laura popped into Boots on the way home, very naughty I know! After hearing rave reviews across the blogosphere. I must admit I was intrigued by the hype so I decided to chip in my two cents about the now infamous lip glosses.
As There was a Two for One on in Boots I decided to take advance and get these three. I picked up Luna, Celestial and Apocaliptic. I love the very clever names! I hate when beauty products have numbers instead of names, so this was a nice change for a drug store brand. From what I've gathered these are the most popular shades, and my personal favorites. I don't own too many different colour lipsticks. I'm either, nude, bright pink or red kind of gal!So I thought these would be a little different, yet still similar enough to try out! I'm definitely a creature of habit!
I purchased Luna, Celestial and Apocaliptic.
First off, I love this formula. As someone who suffers from really dry lips, and these Lip Lacquers are so moisturising! The shades are extremely pigmented, so you don't need to apply too much. At first glance the product comes out glossy on your lips, but after a little while it turns into more of a Matte finish. I have noticed that you need to reapply it about every two hours, and if you eat/drink you need to be careful as it tends to go all over your mouth. I might be a messy eater/drinker though! The applicator wand is perfect for applying, even with my shaky hands, and glides on without any hassle. As you can see they're super pigmented and makes your lips looks extremely kissable-perfect for Valentines Day. I would try it out on my date for tonight, but I'm sure everyone's against testing on animals ;)
Luna:
A lovely coral shade, which is perfect for this time of year. It has peach tones as well, making it an extremely versatile colour. It's perfect to update your makeup look from Winter into Spring! It's a very wearable colour, that's a perfect finish to a natural makeup look. Coral is everywhere again this year, so it's absolutely perfect for this S/S!
Celestial:
I love this one! It's not too pink nor too pale. It's such a wearable colour. I don't own any shades this colour, so it's a welcomed change to my makeup bag! It looks different in the tube than on the lips, but I wouldn't worry about that too much. I've found this colour actually lasted the longest out of all of them. Maybe it's the face it's the closest to my lip colour, I don't know. Over all for me this is definitely the most wearable shade out of the three.
Apocaliptic:
As a lover a bright Lippies It was no shock that I choose this gorgeous pinky red colour. It's absolutely gorgeous. It's so nice and vibrant and perfect if you want to make your lipstick the focus of your makeup. The shade is by far the nicest deep pink I own and I can't wait to wear it all day every day! (Slight exaggeration maybe!) The only downside I will say is you do need a lip liner, as this lip gloss goes all over the gaff.

Have you guys tried any Apocalips Lacquers?

S xxx
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I haven't tried them - haven't seen them in stores either. I like the last two colours the best. So pretty. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I dunno what's my favourite! xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh WOW I absolutely love the look of these, especially Apocaliptic, I need these in my life soon as possible xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them! They're so shiny! ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. I really like them and they all look so gorgeous on you! I haven't even swatched Luna but it looks lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Luna :D It's such an easy colour to wear :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I love the shades you picked up for you Sian I've tried Luna but I wasn't too sure it suited me that well do you think it looks good on Asian skintone a aswell? I picked up Stellar using my Boots Advantage Card points (score 1 for me ;D) It's uber pretty. I think you'll love it too. Such a stunning bright reddish pink shade :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! I'd say Luna suits every skin tone :) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig