Saturday, 9 February 2013

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation Review

Hey Beauties! 
I always get asked what foundation I use, so over the next few weeks, I'll review my top 3! I've managed to narrow it down ;) With working full time, and wearing a full face of makeup everyday, I've always been on the lookout for a nice foundation,which gives me maximum coverage, isn't too heavy and above all doesn't dry out, my already dry skin. Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation isn't a newbie to the blogosphere but it's definitely a good one.
It gives me great coverage, blends easily and leaves my skin glowing.The lasting power is also great, perfect for a girl who needs to wear makeup all day, everyday for work!  I apply it at about 8.45 am and by the time I'm home at 7 it's still looks just as fresh! It retails for around €12/13 which you can't really complain to much about! The finish isn't matte, but isn't dewy either, which I love! It's a must have for every beauty junkie, that wants something a little inexpensive! It would definitely work for you if you want:
  • A medium/full coverage foundation.
  • You want healthy looking skin. 
  • You want a natural finish. 
  • You want to be able to blend your foundation easily.
Another thing  I really love about this foundation is that you can see how much you have left, as the pump rises, with each use. A nifty little invention if you ask me. I always forget how much I've used if I can't see the product disappearing.  So now I know when I'm running low, and I can restock ;) The only downside I've found is that it doesn't blend as much as it should on my nose. What I do to avoid that is to put some concealer, and a little bit of Rimmel's "Wake Me up" as my nose seems to absorb that better. Anyone else get that same problem?!
I use Collection 2000 cream concealer before applying the foundation.  I then used Mac's "Mineralise Skin Finish" in Medium/Dark to set my makeup.  I then finished  it off with with MAC's "Dainty" blush, which I'm loving at the mo!I use to think that expensive foundations worked the best, and that cheaper alternatives weren't as good as them. Over the past year Both Bourjois and Rimmel have really opened my eyes and both are now staples in my makeup bag! It really does go to show you that you really should try cheaper products out! They definitely have saved me a lot of money!

S xxx

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. First of all, that blush looks freaking amazing on you. I think I will have to buy that.

    Second, I think Bourjois gets less notice than it should, for it's great colors, etc. I really like their line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! It's a lovely blush, I'll do a review of it soon :) Yeah I do too, I can't get over how good it is! I've already gotten so many compliments :D xxx

      Delete
  2. I've never tried a Bourjois foundation before but this looks so gorgeous on your skin that I think I might have to try it next! I used to think high end foundations were the only ones worth using but I've started using cheaper ones recently and I love them!

    xx

    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was the same! I really love this foundation, you should definitely check it out :D xxx

      Delete
  3. You look gorgeous! What a lovely finish.. I've not tried this, but I think I might need to :) xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) Everyone seems to love it!! :D xxx

      Delete
  4. You say it gives great coverage but how much(ish) I have bad combination skin with oily/dry areas do you think it would do for me? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've dry skin and mad red cheeks. I use the Collection 2000 concealer first and then the foundation, and I find it gives me medium/full coverage. I've read loads of reviews from girls with different skin types, and all have been positive :D xxx

      Delete
  5. You are just too pretty!! Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Avril, that's so sweet of you :D xxx

      Delete
  6. I wish I liked Healthy Mix but I just can't - the lightest shade is way too dark and it slides off my skin after an hour...I think I'm the only one in the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no that's so strange :( Try Rimmel Wake Me Up! :D xxx

      Delete
  7. I really hate this foundation as it doesn`t give me any coverage at all. Weird, as I have heard really good opionions about it - just like yours. Maybe it just doesn`t go with my skin type...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's such as shame, it could be your skin type.. :( xxx

      Delete
  8. thanks for the great review! i love hearing other peoples thoughts on products I love! fab colour blush too!

    www.herefordbridalbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the great review! i love hearing other peoples thoughts on products I love! fab colour blush too!

    www.herefordbridalbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig