Tuesday, 1 January 2013

My Year in Pictures

 Hey Lovelies,
I was thinking back last night on what an amazing year this has been for me. As I've probably mentioned before I left 2011 a little bit sad. I thought 2012, would be the same, I've never been more wrong in my life! It was possibly the best year of my life, and I really hope 2013 is just as good to me.

January:
I was lucky enough to be taken to Miami. It was a wonderful holiday, and a gorgeous place to visit. We went for 10 days, and it was lovely to get away from the doom and gloom, that is January! We ate loads, we got loads of sun and we dropped until we dropped!It's was truly a wonderful holiday definitely one of my favorites of all time!
 February:
This little space on the internet was born! I still can't believe it's been nearly a year. I never thought how much I'd enjoy blogger or that I'd meet such wonderful friends. The opportunities I've had thanks to this blog has really been amazing, and I don't take any of it for granted :) I never knew nor understood how much, I'd enjoy writing this blog. For me it was never about "freebies" or about how many followers I got, I blogged because, I felt I'd something to say, that wasn't already been said.

 March: 
March was a pretty quite month, although myself and a friend went to Paris at the end of the month, where we enjoyed three days of sightseeing and unbelievable weather. It was roasting hot. It's always nice to get away from everyday life every now and again, and got us both excited for summer! :) I really love Paris, and would love to stay there for a summer, and spruce up the 'ol french. I love nothing more than sitting in a quaint cafe, and people watch. Parisian's are probably the most stylish people ever!

April: From what I can remember, April was a rainy month! I had just gotten into the swing of blogging, when I received an email from Fabulous Magazine, as they wanted to do a feature on Plus Size Fashion Bloggers.  It was an amazing experience taking me right out of my comfort zone. Being in a national magazine in nothing more than your swim suit is a rather daunting experience, but I'm delighted I did it, and met lovely lovely people.

May:May was a pretty boring month, Fabulous Magazine came out on the 20th, and I got tons and tons of positive feedback and support from all my wonderful friends, family and readers. We had some lovely lovely weather in May, and I took every chance to chill in the garden  after work or on my days off.  I met up with friends a lot this month, and just generally chilled. I was working loads this month, but June's pay packet made it all worthwhile. People joke, that I'm a workaholic..
June: June was busy month. With my cousin's engagement, a family friend's wedding and a trip to Belfast, I seemed to always be on the go! When I visited Belfast we went to see the Titanic Mueseum which is well worth a visit if y'all are up that direction. June was also the start of BBQ season, with myself and some friends grabbing the opportunity with the nice weather at the start of the month-unlucky for us the weather didn't stay quite so pleasant the rest of the summer! I was also featured in LOOK magazine in their body issue, which was an honor, as I buy LOOK religiously every week!
July: I went on holiday's with my family to the Czech Republic in July. It's not somewhere I'd ever think to go, but I'm glad I did! It was a lovely relaxing holiday. We had a couple of days in the countryside, then we visited Prague for three days. I also braved the world in a bikini ;) I had an absolute fantastic holiday, my only regret is actually joining them for two weeks instead of one! Nothing else major to note from July really, just the post holiday blues!
August: This was a little bit of a strange month for me! I was actually contacted by Take Me Out UK, and went for an audition in Belfast at the start of the month and got shortlisted! It was something I'd never in a million years had the confidence to do before but life is too short not to have fun! In the end I decided it wasn't for me, but it was a bit of craic, and met some lovely people! I also went down to the Galway Races, which was a first for me and I had a blast!
September: I graduated from University College Dublin! It was a great day, and couldn't of been happier. I also visited London, and meet up with some lovely blogger friends. The weather was lovely that weekend, and I had an absolute blast, I'm heading back in February and I'm so excited already! I went to see Dara O'Briain in Vicar St towards the end of the month, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was my first ever comedy gig, and was laughing from start to finish.
October: Okay October was another busy month. I saw Cheryl Cole in concert, I went to Galway with some friends and it was of course Halloween! Halloween is definitely my favourite time of the year, the days becoming much shorter, wrapping up all cosy in your new Winter coat and now having an excuse to get that delicious cookie hot chocolate!Work this month was hectic! Thankfully, I managed to balance out work and play as best I could this month! Otherwise I'd of gone insane! Sometimes I work so much, that I forget I've a life too!
November: It was my Birthday this month whooop! I turned 23, which at first I was a bit daunted by, but I had a great few days of celebration, and it was made special by my lovely friends. I also went to Birmingham for a meeting, for exciting things in the New Year! I can't wait to be able to share it with you :) November was bitterly cold, and I wrapped up warm in my new tartan coat, my parents got me for my Birthday :)November for me flew by!
December: A VERY busy month, with working in retail, you never get a quiet moment during December. I had a few lovely days off going out for dinner with friends, doing Christmas shopping, celebrating friends birthdays! I also had my first ever official bloggers meet up, and met some lovely Irish bloggers! It's such a nice community, and everyone is so supportive of each other. I had a lovely Christmas even though I was a bit under the weather, but had a lovely day with the family!
Phew, what a hectic year! Hope you guys enjoyed this post <3

I hope you all have a wonderful 2013, filled with happiness, love & prosperity.

S xxx
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Wow!! Looks like you've had a brilliant year!! So jealous of your trip to Miami - I'd love to go there one day!!

    http://beccammartin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing year! Here's to 2013 :)

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully more blogger meetup's :) Hope you have a wonderful 2013! xxx

      Delete
  3. Wow you had such a fab year, I cant believe you got shortlisted for take me out hahaha I would of LOVED to see you on that. This was a lovely post to read and I really do love your birthday outfit, soooo pretty. Lets hope 2013 is just as good x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I know! It was so much fun, and everyone was so nice! Just in the end it really wasn't for me! :D Hope 2013 is amazing for you :D xxx

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic year - this was a great post :D Happy new year and have a great 2013!
    xx

    http://daisyjanine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Hope you have a great 2013 too! xxx

      Delete
  5. What a great year for you! Ahhhh Miami, I was there in March & I would LOVE to go back. And wasn't Prague just so beautiful?! I love it. Happy 2013 to you & hope more great things head your way :) Xx


    http://abrunetteinthecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Miami, I need to go back as soon as possible! Prague was also so beautiful! :D A very happy 2013 to you too xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy new year x carnt wait to see what amazing outfits ur'll be rocking this year ,ur blog is an absoulte joy NEVER stop xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you very much! A Very Happy New Year to you too xxx

      Delete
  7. Wow! You had such a brilliant 2012 with some cracking outfits! I hope 2013 brings you bigger and better experiences and opportunities xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Louise :D I hope you have a great 2013 too :) you deserve it! xxx

      Delete
  8. Wow I love your photos, I love that sequin dress its the perfect dress everrrr. Your blog is doing amazingly and you're such a good writer. Good luck for 2013 lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! It's pretty much for favorite dress ever! ;) Best of luck to you too! <3 xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig