Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Collection 2000 "Lasting Perfection" Concealer

First time going bare face on the blog! It's for a great product though! If you haven't heard about this concealer you've been living under a rock for the past while! It's probably the only concealer I've repurchased apart from "Boing" by Benefit, and this one is about a third of the price. My skin tends to be quite red, and depending on the time of the month I get a few blemishes here or there. This concealer is probably the best I've ever used and at around €6 you can't go too wrong! It really just goes to show, you don't need to spend a lot of money on comestics. It's just a case of finding a product that works for you at an affordable price.
The packaging is simple. A simple clear tube with a black cap. The only "Downside" of this product is the writing rubs off literally within a few uses, so it looks like grubby and old. But to be honest, if that's the only downside, we have a pretty good product on our hands.. This is actually my third tube, and I know I've started a love affair. I just hope to God it isn't discontinued or something, as a lot of the products I fall in love with tend to get discontinued :(
 It comes in three shades, One, Two and Three. Not being exactly pale nor dark, I picked the middle one or "Light" It is perhaps a little too yellow for my skintone, but once I've blended in foundation it's perfect. It's got a wand applicator which makes it easy to cover your blemishes/redness precisely. The texture is creamy, a must for me when I purchase concealer, and I find stick ones really dry out my skin and clump onto my blemishes only to emphasize them!
As you can see in the first photo,my face is quite red, and my bags are a little bit dark. Blame an 8 hours shift! Before I apply my makeup I exfoliate, moisturize and apply my Laura Mercier Primer. I then let it set for a couple of minute before I apply my concealer. The concealer literally covers everything. Even when I have a million and one spots on my face, people say my skin looks flawless. It never is! - this concealer is just magic.. I apply concealer all over my redness, and my eyelids to act as a primer for my eyeshadow. It glides onto the skin so easily, and it's a dream to blend. I actually blend it with my Real Techniques small foundation brush to give me a better coverage. After I leave it a minute or two, I apply my foundation and then the rest of my makeup. Overall this is an absolutely amazing product, and I would be lost without it in my makeup bag!

Have you guys tried it?

S xxx
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. You look amazing without makeup Sian! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this concealer! your skin is amazing, how do you look so good without makeup?! no fair xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll wear it forever! :D Awh thanks! Normally my skin is a bit more spotty than this though! ;) xxx

      Delete
  3. It is my favourite concealer ever! I agree about the writing thing grrrR. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never stop using it! It just really cheapens it (further!) xxx

      Delete
  4. This is such a great product! I can't be without this. I'm on my second or third tube myself! I'm well jel of your beautiful skin!

    xx

    wearenouvellevague

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely twins so! Ha! Awh thank you :D xxx

      Delete
  5. So jealous of your lovely skin! I am literally obsessed with this concealer, I've probably gone through about 6 tubes in the last year :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha don't be, honestly! ;) I know it's sooooo good :D xxx

      Delete
  6. WOW! this is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I haven't used concealer ever, but only because I haven't found a good one yet!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best concealer ever!! I urge you to try it! :D xxx

      Delete
  7. Gah! I love this concealer. Have one in my bag, one at home and a back up. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I should do that too, just in case ;) xxx

      Delete
  8. I've been living under a rock but sure you already know that, I'll be snapping this one up XD xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha yes love, we all do! Do you'll love it! xxx

      Delete
  9. I swear by this concealer! It's the only one I ever have and probably ever will use.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats on my to buy list now this week , your such a natural beauty im well jel xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) That's so sweet <3 xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig