Friday, 26 October 2012

Why do you Wear Makeup?

I've been thinking of getting more into beauty and have loads of fab products I want to review for you guys. I've seen this tag on a few blogs, so thought I'd give it a whirl. This will always be a predominately fa(t)shion blog, but I'd like to throw in a beauty post every now and again. I will have an outfit post up tomorrow or Sunday. *pinky promise*

When did you begin loving makeup?
I've always been such a girly girl, and since I was about 9 or 10 was obsessed with makeup. I was mainly obsessed with lip products, especially loving lipstick(nothing's change there!) and eyeshadow, which was mainly mad colours.Wild blues,purples and green's were my favourite I although took a little break from makeup when I was about 11 and 12 when I went through my mad tom boy stage. I wore baggy jumpers and skater jeans, thinking I was like Avril Lavigne! Upon starting Secondary School my love affair started up again and has been strong ever since. I just love how makeup can change an entire look. Some day's I love the natural look, while some others I go for a vibrant red or deep plum lipstick to shake things up.

How do you feel without makeup?
I'm quite a confident person so to be honest with you it doesn't bother me too much. My skin has it's moment's but is generally clear. I don't mind popping to the shops, seeing friends or boyfriends without makeup. You still look the same, its the exact same face! maybe just a little paler and slightly more blotchy! Don't get me wrong I love wearing makeup, and it does give me confidence while wearing it, and I especially love getting dolled up for a night out (it's the most fun part of the night, in my opinion!Close second to shaking my bum on the dance floor) but I'm also confident without it. I just think there is such a huge envious put on makeup to change your appearance rather than enhancing it. Saying that I always have to have me eyebrows filled in. It frames me face after all ;)

What do you like about makeup?
I love how a great foundation can even out my skin tone, and how that perfect blush can give you 
rosy cheeks giving you a health glow. I love lashing on the mascara to make my eyes really pop, while complimenting a smokey eye look. Filling in my eyebrows is probably the most loved and hated part of my makeup routine. I love how they look when I'm finish, and I hate the effort it takes to make them even.  Most of all I love how makeup enhances my natural features :)

Three (Four) "Holy Grail" Items:
  • Rimmel's "Wake me Up" Foundation. Best budget foundation I have ever used. My Chanel and Estee Lauder have been gathering dust since this baby came on the scene. 
  • Benefit's "Bad Gal" I still prefer this to "They're real" I love the thickness of the brush and how it never leaves your lashes clumpy.
  • Nars Blush in "Orgasm" My favourite blush of all time. It gives my cheeks the perfect glow. I use a little for day, then use a bit more for night time.
  • The MUA Dupe for Urban Decay's Naked Pallet. I have both and use the MUA more. Same pigmentation and lasting power as the Naked Pallet, and for under £5, you really can't go too wrong.

 Hope you enjoyed reading my answers! I tag all you lovely ladies to do it :) Let me know if you do-would love to read them 

S xxx

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I have recently discovered MUA, and it's amazing! and SO cheap!! Love this post!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't recommend their pallet's more :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Ooh great idea for a post. I am of course stealing this idea to do myself. Haha! I still really want the Naked/Naked 2 palettes, but am also curious about MUA make up. I've not used budget brand make up much in many years, but now I don't have as much money they're appealing to me more xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He do, and let me know-can't wait to read it! MUA have really really good pallet's! I'll do a comparison in the next week or two! :) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig