Monday, 8 October 2012

50 Shades of Grey

50 Shades of Gray

Black is one of my favourite colours to wear. I love nothing more than wearing all black, it makes me feel sophisticated and is definitely one of the easiest colours to wear. Since I began blogging, I've made a conscious decision to limit myself in terms of  the black clothing I wear. Now don't get me wrong, I love my mad vibrant colours and I love being all girly in pink or all summery in neon but sometimes a girls got to go back to what she loves. 

With the weather becoming increasingly colder, I feel myself reaching more and more for the black in my wardrobe. It's just effortless, and especially good for me, as I'm most definitely not a morning person, and always want to look somewhat put together. So I've come to a little compromise with myself. I've decided if I wear black and don't feel like adding a brighter colour I should mix grey in with it, giving me an equally sophisticated look. I decided to conjure up and outfit that I'd wear, and how I'd incorporate grey in with black. This outfit is all sourced from Evans, and I'm not going to lie, I'm a little bit in love with it.

So tonight while doing my usual browsing of all the online retailers, I felt myself clicking on Evans. Now I've a bit of a love/hate relationship with them. I find their clothes can at times be dowdy, and just not as fashion forward as I desire. Of course this is down to personal preference as I love fast fashion and am really trend led in terms of the clothing I like. I often see other bloggers rocking Evans(and looking only gorgeous!), clothes so I think maybe I haven't given them enough of a chance. Their recent collaborations with Clements Ribeiro is just wonderful and a great step for plus size retailers, and has to be highly commended. Truth be told nothing really has ever popped out at me,if it wasn't in a collaboration.

But my mind has been changed. I really love the coat and this instantly stood out to me. It definitely has a designer vibe to it and for under £50, you can't go wrong! I think this would be great to add to a plain black outfit, as it gives it a little lift, yet retaining a more muted look. I also love the ankle boots(with wider fitting, thank you!) and the Sheer "Cold Shoulder Top" which definitely is fashion forward!I would feel a million bucks in this outfit and all items are definitely on my Santa list, so Evans, I want to apologise for writing you off so soon :)

S xxx

Guys, what are you loving in Evans at the moment? :)

 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. It's rare for me to wear all black- I'm so pale I feel washed out, but I also feel frumpy in an all black outfit, while others, like yourself look effortlessly stylish!

    I'm also a bit unsure of my feelings towards Evans. For just about the only UK and Ireland plus size high street chain (that I know of), they just don't cut it as much as they should. They have some lovely tops and dresses, and can have some pretty sandals in the summer, but there's just too many boring, frumpy clothes and shoes. They need more beautiful wide fitting shoes and boots, better underwear, and more fashion forward things. (I have been told the more basic, plain clothes are demanded by many of the older ladies, though).

    And those boots are quite cute! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they need to up their game a bit more. Of course they have a market, and their basics obviously sell for them but they definitely need more on trend items! and more over the knee boots! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Evans has gotten a lot better in recent years, but is still hit and miss at time. I occassionally check it and would get basics there, but in general the collaborations are the most interesting thing there. I do love the coat you pick out and I have some good boots from Evans too.

    http://sortlifeoutbuymilk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly, They need to focus on what's selling in their collaborations and emulate them in their own clothing line! I love the coat too, and will definitely be snapping it up! I've two pair of booths from them, one OK quality, the other brilliant! :) xxx

      Delete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig