Thursday, 6 September 2012

Graduation


Woah, that's a lot of photo's! Well today I officially graduated from University! I majored in Sociology and History. Although it was never what I wanted to do, I'm so glad and so proud that I finished it. From my Second  year on, I begged and begged to switch and do something in fashion, every time, I had a bad day in college. My parents, told me to stick it out, and once I finished it, I could do whatever I wanted. When I was having particularly bad days, my Dad would tell me I wasn't a "quitter". Well Dad, I'm not, and I hope I made you both proud today :) and thanks for all the proof reading you've down over the three years.I clearly didn't quit, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm a true believer in everything happens for a reason, and I know now I wasn't ready to venture into fashion at that point, and still needed to further my academic education. Now I do have a few regrets. I regret letting the negativity of not wanting to be there, hinder my results. I've grown up and realised that it was an immature way to act, and a foolish thing to do. BUT I can leave UCD with hindsight. A wonderful thing isn't it? I can use my experiences with it, and go forth into life knowing, that no matter if I hate what I'm doing, I still should give it 100%. Now don't get me wrong I'm still delighted with my results, and did fairly well considering, but It's definitely taught me a life lesson of giving everything my all, and maybe that's why I was meant to stay.

I had a lovely lovely lovely day, starting off with getting my hair done in Dundrum in Peter Mark, I opted for a curly blow dry, and my hair NEVER stays straight and I wanted a lot of volume, for €30 it's not too bad, and will definitely last me another day or two! I wanted to wear a sophisticated dress that I felt good in. I got this dress in Fran and Jane. Normally I'd steer clear of tighter dress, as I'm a bit conscious of my tummy, but I loved this dress, and felt amazing the whole day. It clung to my curves perfectly and was so comfy. Now I'm not going to tell porkies, I did wear Spanx,  but only up until the ceremony as they were too uncomfortable so I whipped them off before dinner, and this dress was so well made, that it looked the exact same , with or without! One of the best dressed I've purchased in a long while. Since I was in all black, I wanted to incorporate some colour with my bag and shoes. I love these shoes, as they have a floral platform. They're funky yet appropriate for the occasion. My two lovely friends came down to meet me after the ceremony, it was so sweet! Thanks Lynney and Rach :) I love you guys!


Anyway I'm off to London in the morning!  I can't wait to hit the shops, especially Topshop and Victoria Secret! I won't be gone too long I promise! :D

Chat to you all soon :) 

S xxx
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Aww congratulations on graduating Sian! You look really lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's a major acomplishment and now begins the next phase of your life! How exciting! Love the dress, btw. Mini amazing-ness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Exactly, I'm so excited! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!!! I hope that you enjoyed the day!
    xoxo

    http://iwanttobeabigitgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gloria! I had a lovely day :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Fair play to you for sticking it out and finishing it, you should be so proud of yourself. You look beautiful and hope London was amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am delighted I stuck it out! awh thank you! London was fab! :D xxx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, bet you had a brilliant day. You look amazing! I'm sure you will be successful in whatever you go on to do x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Fingers Crossed! :D xxx

      Delete
  6. WOOOOOOO Congrats on graduating, very well done lovely x x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig