Thursday, 21 June 2012

Plus Size Swimwear

So we all know being a curvy/plus size women, finding swimwear that will flatter you and make you feel comfortable is a hard task. So I'm going to go through some options I've come across online for you beautiful gals! 

Monif C

  This bikini  is from US Plus Size Designer Monif C. It's high waisted, has good support for the fuller bust and shows just enough skin. If you're conscious of your tummy as I am, the high waist bottoms hold you in, and you've no fear that they're going to fall down! It also has a tummy control feature, giving you that extra support. Now it doesn't come cheap, Retailing at $148(plus shipping), but the quality is exceptional.Her size goes from a US14-US24. I purchased this Bikini in the Leopard Print, and I love it and can't rave about it enough. For other alternatives for high waist bikini's, I've seen some nice ones from Simply Be, Elomi, Old Navy and River Island.

 
Resort Animal Print Tankini Set

Very.co.uk

Now I appreciate that not everyone is comfortable wearing a bikini, but of course that doesn't mean you can't look equally as gorgeous wearing a tankini. You still get the freedom of a two piece, but the coverage of a one piece. Tankini's work well for all shapes and sizes, and you have the freedom to often mix and match sizes. If you're a larger size on the bottom than you are on the top, you can chose different sized bottoms and different sized tops, giving you the perfect fit. My favourite places to look for Tankini's are Marks and Spencers, Evans, Very and Next.  This Tankini is from www.very.co.uk and goes from a size UK8-20.

 Marks and Spencer

Swimsuits- What's not to love about them really? You just slip them on, you don't have to worry about your boobs popping out! or your bottoms falling down exposing your bum to the whole resort whilst getting out of the pool! It's simple, easy and classic. Now of course you can get the extremely dowdy swimsuit, something your gran would probably turn her nose up at, but they've really come back in fashion, and they have some gorgeous 50's inspired styles out at the moment as well as trend lead ones with gorgeous peplum details (H&M!)

I must admit, when I saw this gorgeous retro swimsuit in Marks and Spencer I literally ran to the checkout. It's so adorable. It's got two thick traps to support your bust, have lovely ruching across the tummy with hides a multitude, and the little skirt covers your bum and the tops of your thighs. I think this is actually one of the nicest swimming costume I've ever come across. The size range is good too ranging from a UK8-22. My top places to buy Swimsuits would be, Marks and Spencer, H&M,Simply Be and Evans. Monif C also have some absolutely gorgeous ones! If only my bank balance was unlimited!

S xxx
 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. newest follower! great post. im going to checkout monif c's website love that bikini! thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :) Do, it's one of my favourite sites! xox

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the first swimsuit. She comes across so confident in that photo and looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much, I bought it in Leopard! I'm getting the black next year! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Nice plus size sexy swimwear dress, I feel so comfortable to wear this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn cool, I believe that fat woman look much beautiful in plus size swimdress

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply needed to add a remark to specify a debt of gratitude is in order for your post. This post is truly intriguing and very supportive for us.Keep sharing.
    plus size swimwear uk
    plus size swimdress
    plus size swimsuits
    plus size swimwear

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Commenting! I always reply, so do check back If you've asked a question x

*Spam comments will be deleted*

© Forever Fabulous in Bows. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Made By pipdig